Upgrade or not?

opentoe

The near-term issue is that they bit off a BIG (VERY Big in fact) bite of changes between v5 and v6 ... and as a result this is taking a long time for everything to get to the point where the release can be reliably designated "stable."

That's not the problem. The problem is they completely wrote it all off as all easy to do items and completely underestimated the effort required and their skillset to accomplish it. They said it would take 90 days to finish off everything. It's is now beyond 207 days and counting with no reasonable end in sight while having to push off items initially included to future releases.

Yeah ... quick to close ranks when anyone has any criticism of the product. LT should come down on these spoilers and allow comment on their product without the antagonism. You WILL get your answer, it will take time. There's an awful lot of clever people out there. But ... they dont like sharing their knowledge. Thats the problem as i see it.

Be constructive. Last warning.

Doubt v.much that i can acquiesce so if my criticisms, as i genuinely see them, are considered off message by you then feel free to delete my account. I have paid money for the product in the form of three licenses. That, in my view,obviously not yours, gives me the right to comment as i see fit as long as i do not materially offend or abuse other forum members directly. My opinion should count as much as anyone elses here and not be smacked down as 'unconstructive'.

Yeah ... quick to close ranks when anyone has any criticism of the product. LT should come down on these spoilers and allow comment on their product without the antagonism. You WILL get your answer, it will take time. There's an awful lot of clever people out there. But ... they dont like sharing their knowledge. Thats the problem as i see it.

Be constructive. Last warning.

Doubt v.much that i can acquiesce so if my criticisms, as i genuinely see them, are considered off message by you then feel free to delete my account. I have paid money for the product in the form of three licenses. That, in my view,obviously not yours, gives me the right to comment as i see fit as long as i do not materially offend or abuse other forum members directly. My opinion should count as much as anyone elses here and not be smacked down as 'unconstructive'.

You bought a product to perform a certain function. You got exactly what you paid for. Your purchase did not include the right to determine future features or product direction.

Your premise that people in the forums don't share knowledge simply isn't true. Dozens of knowledgeable users spend hours a day monitoring the forums, answering questions, and sharing knowledge. Hundreds, maybe in the thousands, ask questions and participate is discussions. Look at the post counts of the moderators and other members. Thousands and thousands! And most of those are spent helping other users and sharing knowledge. Look at other similar product forums. We have more activity in a week than they have in totality. How can you complain about our forums as a reason to leave, and advocate for a product whose forum barely exists?

On the product side, there is ample room for improvement. Beta cycles are too long, estimating is poor, communication lacking at times. Lots of people comment on those and suggest ways to improve in a constructive manner. This has been taken to extremes by some, going from suggestion to harassment and abuse, but those have been few. LT has definitely improved over the last year, and I feel they will continue to do so. But even if they don't, they have not shortchanged any of us in the purchases we made from them.

You certainly have every right to your opinions. Create a blog. But here, be constructive. Participate in the meaningful exchange of ideas and sharing of information. Make suggestions. Don't just complain and seek forum martyrdom.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I am going to lock this thread as I think it has run its course.