Were raid arrays abandoned?

Hello folks,

first time poster here, been reading a bit over the last few days and I have to say, UnRaid seems sweet! I'm looking forward to implementing it into my build.

I currently have 3 x Synology DS410J's and have out-grown the storage on them, so I got a Encom 4U 24 bay sata server unit to play with. Have 6 x 2TB WD Enterprise Class Black drives sitting idle, so these will be going into the Encom chassis shortly

I've done a search for raid arrays & found a post from Tom (limetech) mentioning that he was looking at raid arrays for a future build 5.1, but from what I can see, the current stable builds are all 5.0.x

So I was wondering if some of the longer registered users know if this feature was abandoned, or postponed?

I'd ideally like to create 2 arrays of 12 disks.

Many thanks for any help.

I do not think there will ever be a 5.1 release now (merely perhaps some minor updates to the 5.0.x series). 

Limetech has already stated that v6 (the 64-bit version of unRAID) is the future of unRAID and that will get any new features.  As to whether what you are talking about will appear I have no idea - it has certainly not a feature talked about for the 6.0.x release which is due to go general release in the next few months.