unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-rc2 Available

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point, thanks. Attached is my latest diagnostic file. I am still with 6.2.0. System folder is on disk1 and VM works, but still no Internet within the VM. Any help appreciated!

When in your VM can you ping your local network?

*edit*

In Settings under VM manager, is your default network bridge set to br0?

I got it working again by changing two things:

* Settings / VM Manager / Default network bridge - switched from virbr0 to br0

* VM / MyVM / Edit / Network bridge switched from vibr0 to br0

So, things are working again. Thanks for your help along the way.

Leaves me with two questions though:

1) Is it required / better to switch both options from vibr0 to br0?

2) I now have a folder "\system\libvirt" on disk1 (in the array, not on the cache or flash disk), which I don't think I had before? is this normal behavior with the new 6.2 release?

Appreciate your help and please let me know if an updated diagnostic log is helpful?

In terms of VM tab not showing up, you do not have to enable user shares. 

You just have to have libvirt.img in a path.  If you enter something like below in VM settings, the file will be automatically created.

/mnt/cache/libvirt.img

See this post if you want more details.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47675.0

Thanks for the info and also for sharing the link.

Still need to clarify something. As mentioned, the folder location is now /mnt/disk1/system/libvirt/libvirt.img. Things are working, so not sure whether I break anything by changing things now? Anything wrong about having the system folder in the array disk1 instead of in the cache disk? If I were to migrate it, do I need to copy the folder/file or can I just have Unraid recreate a new one at a new location on the cache disk?

I got it working again by changing two things:

* Settings / VM Manager / Default network bridge - switched from virbr0 to br0

* VM / MyVM / Edit / Network bridge switched from vibr0 to br0

So, things are working again. Thanks for your help along the way.

Leaves me with two questions though:

1) Is it required / better to switch both options from vibr0 to br0?

2) I now have a folder "\system\libvirt" on disk1 (in the array, not on the cache or flash disk), which I don't think I had before? is this normal behavior with the new 6.2 release?

Appreciate your help and please let me know if an updated diagnostic log is helpful?

You're welcome, I don't use the virtual bridge vibr0 at all. It's purpose, I believe, is to allow the vm to connect to the host but no further. br0 is used for the whole network.

2) I am not sure as I am currently still on 6.1.9

I've just upgraded to 6.2 rc2 to get the new cache pool system working (I needed 6.2 due to the device number limits)

However after the upgrade, the web ui seems very slow when browsing around the menus (around 5-10 seconds for a page to load) and I keep getting the following errors in the log.

Jul 24 19:51:22 Unraid avahi-daemon[23719]: Failed to find user 'avahi'.

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid root: Timeout reached while wating for return value

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid root: Could not receive return value from daemon process.

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid emhttp: shcmd (1000): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidnsconfd start |& logger

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon: /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[23812]: connect(): No such file or directory

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[23812]: Failed to connect to the daemon. This probably means that you

Jul 24 19:51:42 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[23812]: didn't start avahi-daemon before avahi-dnsconfd.

Jul 24 19:51:43 Unraid emhttp: need_authorization: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected

Jul 24 19:51:43 Unraid emhttp: need_authorization: getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected

Jul 24 19:52:01 Unraid emhttp: shcmd (1013): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidaemon start |& logger

Jul 24 19:52:01 Unraid root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D

Jul 24 19:52:01 Unraid avahi-daemon[24175]: Failed to find user 'avahi'.

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid root: Timeout reached while wating for return value

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid root: Could not receive return value from daemon process.

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid emhttp: shcmd (1014): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidnsconfd start |& logger

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon: /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[24263]: connect(): No such file or directory

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[24263]: Failed to connect to the daemon. This probably means that you

Jul 24 19:52:21 Unraid avahi-dnsconfd[24263]: didn't start avahi-daemon before avahi-dnsconfd.

Jul 24 19:52:22 Unraid emhttp: shcmd (1027): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidaemon start |& logger

Jul 24 19:52:22 Unraid root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D

Jul 24 19:52:22 Unraid avahi-daemon[24405]: Failed to find user 'avahi'

I've tried restarting the system a few times but the error keeps coming back.

unraid-diagnostics-20160724-1957.zip

I was running RC1 just noticed poor network performance copying a 12GB file from my unRAID server to another device on my network, it said it was going to take 22 minutes which is rubbish. I upgraded to RC2 and the performance is the same. I have attached diags to my post, not sure if this is driver related or what. I will examine my server and switches, problem could be on my end.

This is the integrated NIC in my motherboard:

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1503] (rev 05)

tower-diagnostics-20160724-1724.zip

I was running RC1 just noticed poor network performance copying a 12GB file from my unRAID server to another device on my network, it said it was going to take 22 minutes which is rubbish. I upgraded to RC2 and the performance is the same. I have attached diags to my post, not sure if this is driver related or what. I will examine my server and switches, problem could be on my end.

This is the integrated NIC in my motherboard:

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1503] (rev 05)

Did you physically measure the actual time that it took to complete the transfer?  Those 'time to complete' numbers are always suspect.  And what device was on the other end of this transfer? 

I've tried copying the same file now to two other devices on my network, another unRAID server and my iMac, both report the same silly times of 22 min. Something is up. I've rebooted the switch this unRAID server is plugged into, rebooted my iMAC and still the speeds are ridiculously slow. Everything on my network is cat5e there is no reason to start suspecting cables, if I copy something from my iMac to my other unRAID server the speeds are fine.

Can someone who is running this RC tell me what version of xfs_repair is included?

xfs_repair -V

TIA!

John

xfs_repair version 4.3.0

TY richard.

I guess I'll update to see if this version can correct the XFS corruption issue I am dealing with as the version on 6.1.9 (v3.2.2) isn't getting it done.

John

I appear to be having issues with the following network card drive in this RC and RC1.

You'll need to post a Diagnostics file if you want any help. (And run RC3)