Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 6TB Drive ?????

I just bought some 5tb drives off amazon but seller was a scammer and I never received them  :'(

So im looking for good deals on 4 to 6 tb drives here in the UK.

I have found Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 6TB Drive for £129 from argos. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4139836.htm

Has anyone any experience with these drives? I was hoping to remove the 3.5 drive from the case and use a few of them in my array.

Are these drives ok, or anyone know of better value/quality drives at same price or less?

I'd use Seagate Archive, NAS or Enterprise drives but I won't buy the Desktop models (the ones now known as BarraCuda [sic] with DM in their part number that appear also to be used inside the external USB shells) as they have a very low Workload Rate Limit of 55 TB/year. http://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/desktop-hdd-8tbDS1770-9-1603UK-en_GB.pdf

Ok John thanks for the info. I wont be using those drives then. Maybe i will just get a cheap 2tb drive for now (£29 on ebay) and chcuk that in the array for now and wait until they release the 10 gig drives and hope prices go down on the lower capacity drives.Then replace my drives then.

I ordered from More Computers and Scan and they were both good.

I avoid Amazon (proper) because they send HDD in cardboard ENVELOPE <-- no kidding - caused my WD Black to fail on arrival, I complained and they sent one in TWO layers of cardboard ENVELOPE, seriously!.

I don't order from Amazon 3rd party sellers at all as Section 75 protection doesn't cover them.

I avoid Amazon (proper) because they send HDD in cardboard ENVELOPE <-- no kidding - caused my WD Black to fail on arrival, I complained and they sent one in TWO layers of cardboard ENVELOPE, seriously!.

That's contrary to my experience over the past 5 years of buying drives from Amazon.  Every drive (bar one exception) has come in a box with either foam, or a genuine WD/Seagate box with the plastic suspension things in it.  I buy a lot of drives for various reasons, probably at least three times a month in various quantities.

Only time Amazon EU sent drive wrongly was when I ordered a pair of WD AV-GP 4TB drives shortly before Christmas and they turned up smashed in the bottom of a big box - I'm assuming due to temporary staff with insufficient training.