unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14b-x86_64 Available

limetech

This one just bit me the other day as we are no longer able to have the docker.img reside on a user share. Adding it to a cache the way listed in the directions essentially creates a share on the cache drive that isn't marked as cache only, resulting in the mover moving the docker.img to disk1, which will causer docker to fail upon reboot.

Sure you can... you just have to set that use share as a cache-only share

No you can't. We now require docker image to be stored in a disk share (this was in the previous release notes as well).

You cannot have /mnt/user in your path for specifying your docker image file location.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to share why this was done?  It's incredibly annoying.

Some notes on this release:

• The 'mover' will now completely skip moving files off the cache disk/pool for shares marked "cache-only".  However it will move files off the cache disk/pool for shares not explicitly configured "cache-only" in the share's Share Settings page; even for shares that only exist on the cache!  This is different behavior from previous releases!

This one just bit me the other day as we are no longer able to have the docker.img reside on a user share. Adding it to a cache the way listed in the directions essentially creates a share on the cache drive that isn't marked as cache only, resulting in the mover moving the docker.img to disk1, which will causer docker to fail upon reboot.

Simpler to just put docker.img at /mnt/cache/docker.img then it won't be in a share at all and won't get moved.

Are we sure that an individual file in /mnt/cache won't get moved too?

Sure you can... you just have to set that use share as a cache-only share

No you can't. We now require docker image to be stored in a disk share (this was in the previous release notes as well).

You cannot have /mnt/user in your path for specifying your docker image file location.

Fair enough, my terminology is a little different.  A user share to me is something that shows up under the shares section of the webGUI regardless of the specific disk it direct to.  If it shows up under \\tower\NAME_OF_FOLDER it is a user share in my mind.

Yes.  It has to be in a folder to be considered as part of a User share. 

I have mine set as /mnt/cache/docker.img and it functions just fine, and also does not get moved or show up as in a User share (although it can be seen in the 'cache' disk share).

I have mine set as /mnt/cache/docker.img and it functions just fine, and also does not get moved or show up as in a User share (although it can be seen in the 'cache' disk share).

This does work... but I personally don't like it.  I create an "Apps" cache only share and then install everything in it.

This does work... but I personally don't like it.  I create an "Apps" cache only share and then install everything in it.

I guess I am inconsistent as I also created an 'apps' share to store all docker apps configuration data and private data ::)  I guess I should really move my docker.img file to that location for consistency :).

Docker.img can be anywhere -> it doesn't matter, as long as its referred to in the docker tab by the disk share, not by the  user share.

IE:  I have a user share called docker set to use cache drive only

I tell docker to store my image as /mnt/cache/docker/docker.img

Docker.img can be anywhere -> it doesn't matter, as long as its referred to in the docker tab by the disk share, not by the  user share.

IE:  I have a user share called docker set to use cache drive only

I tell docker to store my image as /mnt/cache/docker/docker.img

Yup, which is exactly what I plan on doing when I move to v6.  For customers that I set docker up for I usually do exactly what you just put above with an "apps" folder inside the docker folder where everything can live and i only have to grab/copy one folder to get everything back up and running.

Is the Dynamic GUI still available for bleeding-edge updates via plugin like it once was or are updates now limited to full beta updates?

Yes.

Yes, and there have been a few updates to Dynamix issued separately from beta's.  However, I think that LT dictates the releases of full Dynamix plugin updates rather than Bonienl, which is why we have had things like the BandAid plugin on b13 to fix some issues

Is the Dynamic GUI still available for bleeding-edge updates via plugin like it once was or are updates now limited to full beta updates?

Yes.

Yes, and there have been a few updates to Dynamix issued separately from beta's.  However, I think that LT dictates the releases of full Dynamix plugin updates rather than Bonienl, which is why we have had things like the BandAid plugin on b13 to fix some issues

This is correct, if any correction is urgent, the developers can request an update release, otherwise Tom will release updates upon certain milestones. This is nice and secure, but some minor bugs can take some time to be patched to the user.

I'm still getting these sorts of emails everyday with this beta, is there anything I can do?

error: skipping "/var/log/apcupsd.events" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/docker.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/syslog" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/vsftpd.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/wtmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/btmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

I'm still getting these sorts of emails everyday with this beta, is there anything I can do?

error: skipping "/var/log/apcupsd.events" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/docker.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/syslog" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/vsftpd.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/wtmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

error: skipping "/var/log/btmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

This is caused by the Dynamix System Stats plugin, update this plugin to the latest version.

Yes.

This is correct, if any correction is urgent, the developers can request an update release, otherwise Tom will release updates upon certain milestones. This is nice and secure, but some minor bugs can take some time to be patched to the user.

I've looked, and I've searched, and I've pulled my hair out, but I can't find it.

Yes.

I've looked, and I've searched, and I've pulled my hair out, but I can't find it.

If you have your notification settings properly configured, then unRaid itself will let you know once there is an update to any plugin.  To my knowledge, there have been no minor bug fix releases by Bonienl either (the problem with those "hot-fixes" is that historically (b12-b13) they have been posted in various other threads relating specifically to the issue and not in an easy to find thread)

my server has been upgraded to 14b on Tuesday and today I am suddenly seeing this problem in the syslog, the Webinterface does not load anymore and the shares are not reachable. What can I do?

[/img]

When you upgraded, did you remove ALL of your v5 plugins? They are not compatible with v6

Posting your syslog would also be very helpful

my server has been upgraded to 14b on Tuesday and today I am suddenly seeing this problem in the syslog, the Webinterface does not load anymore and the shares are not reachable. What can I do?

[/img]

When you upgraded, did you remove ALL of your v5 plugins? They are not compatible with v6

You also need t make sure that there are no 32-bit packages being loaded via the 'extra' folder on the flash drive.

before the upgrade to 14b I was running beta 12 so no 32 bit plugins. I had to hard reset the server as even the powerdown script would not shutdown and I forgot to copy the syslog before I did the hard reset only have the screenshots of what was shown on the console.

This is caused by the Dynamix System Stats plugin, update this plugin to the latest version.

Thanks for the response bonienl, your work is awesome. But apparently my System Statistics plugin is upto date? I always check for updates every few days. I have version 2015.02.21 and I can see version 2015.02.15 was the one that fixed this issue.

Thanks for the response bonienl, your work is awesome. But apparently my System Statistics plugin is upto date? I always check for updates every few days. I have version 2015.02.21 and I can see version 2015.02.15 was the one that fixed this issue.

You can check the permissions of the folder /var/log (telnet into your system):

ls -l /var

drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 580 Mar  8 04:40 log

(the write permission should only be for owner)