New Licence scheme with VSX server?

The basic issue is that in a visualized setup I do not have a USB key to tie the Licence to, so I always used the free version which is more or less being eliminated. So now how do I go about setting up a virtualized server in say a VMware or Citrix environment with the new Licence scheme?

The basic issue is that in a visualized setup I do not have a USB key to tie the Licence to, so I always used the free version which is more or less being eliminated. So now how do I go about setting up a virtualized server in say a VMware or Citrix environment with the new Licence scheme?

I know lots of people use VMWare and pass the USB key through to the unRAID VM.

I have two ESXi setups currently with unRAID PRO licenses.  I pass the unRAID USB device through not the USB controller.  I do have to boot via plop CD image or VMDK but the license key is connected as well and I have two servers setup this way.  Use to be three ESXi servers but one of them was switched to unRAID 6 running Xen for a Windows OS.

Your solution works great for local servers but I am looking for a solution for servers in a data centre. I would even be willing to pay more for a “cloud” enabled license but with the way it works now I do not believe this would even be possible?

I do not understand why this does this not work for Data centre servers?  Surely it just means that each server needs a USB key plugged into it?