Oculus Rift - PCI-E card losing power?

Hi all,

So i'm almost at the point where everything is working on my windows 10 VM. My last stumbling block has been the oculus rift.

I'm using one of the recommended pci-e cards here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The card is passed through to the VM directly.

The sensors/rift show as connected to usb 3.0 - no errors on the initial setup. I can then use the rift for about five minutes before everything on the card drops including my keyboard/mouse (no tracking on controllers, kb+mouse stop responding). I also get windows errors showing "a usb device not recognised" so it seems that the whole card is just giving up completely for some reason.

Pretty sure this is a passthrough issue rather than a faulty card as it was working on baremetal previously. Any ideas what could be causing this or any tips on troubleshooting? Can't seem to find any clues in the logs but maybe someone else with a bit more experience can spot something!

I've attached diagnostics.

Cheers

I've looked at your diagnostics, but so far I don't see anything obvious.  Can you identify the exact time(s) you started the Oculus, and associate it with anything in the syslog?  Just curious if they would align with the vgaarb lines (they are associated with 0000:04:00.0) ...

A few other observations:

* Network went up and down beginning Feb 18 between 10:28:09 and 11:04:31.  Perhaps you were working on the router?

* [minor] The system share is marked as Cache:Prefer, and I noticed it was trying to move it back to the Cache drive but couldn't.  I commented about it here.  Might be better to decide whether you want it on Disk 1 or the Cache drive, and change the Cache option accordingly (if necessary).

* I learned something new from your syslog! (Thank you!)  You have a new controller supporting module called isci, appears to be a hybrid.  It acts like an ATA thing at times, but like mvsas at other times.  It will be very interesting to see which exception handler it uses!  (I'm hoping it uses the ATA one, but fear it will be the almost useless SAS one.)