Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+ (updated)

Did the whole thing again, because it says another update was available. Bla bla bla see previous post, and... now it runs again. And it says there's an update available again as well. Well, if you don't mind, i'll ignore that. Once this plugin works, you should never touch it again.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I deleted the dropbox plg and copied over the new one.  Now I can't get it to install as i get errors saying,

"Warning: simplexml_load file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 -bash: syntax error near unexpected token"  and few others.

How can i fix this?

This error is typically caused by a bad download. Did you download it from the github page or from the direct link in the first post?

I downloaded from the github page, I'll try downloading from direct link and see how that goes tonight. 

Well I deleted the dropbox plg and copied over the new one.  Now I can't get it to install as i get errors saying,

"Warning: simplexml_load file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 -bash: syntax error near unexpected token"  and few others.

How can i fix this?

This error is typically caused by a bad download. Did you download it from the github page or from the direct link in the first post?

I downloaded from the github page, I'll try downloading from direct link and see how that goes tonight.

The direct link on the first page will get the right one for you.

You have to be careful when downloading from github. People often get this wrong and download a webpage that displays the code instead of the actual code. Click the link on the github page, that gets you the page that displays the code. Then right-click RAW and Save as.

• 4 weeks later...

I had issues with Dropbox replacing my symlink from /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox to /mnt/cache/.apps/Dropbox.

The startup script created the symlink as configured in the GUI, but when the real Dropbox binary started, the symlink was replaced with an empty directory. Weird and totally unexpected!

What I did was to create a bind mount instead, which Dropbox can not change. First remove the old links, and for safety reasons, the database directory as well (so it won't remove anything from Dropbox)!

Create the bind mount:

mkdir /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox/
chown nobody:users /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox/
mount --bind /mnt/cache/.apps/Dropbox/ /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox

Add the last line to your go script as well to have it mount on boot. (It could instead be done on the fly in the rc.dropbox script instead of using the symlink approach. I might create a pull request on github for it  :o).

Lastly, start Dropbox, relink the account and it should work as expected!

I had issues with Dropbox replacing my symlink from /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox to /mnt/cache/.apps/Dropbox.

What I did was to create a bind mount instead, which Dropbox can not change. First remove the old links, and for safety reasons, the database directory as well (so it won't remove anything from Dropbox)!

Add the last line to your go script as well to have it mount on boot. (It could instead be done on the fly in the rc.dropbox script instead of using the symlink approach. I might create a pull request on github for it  :o).

I like the bind mount idea. If you get time, please do a pull request and I'll commit the change.

Thanks!

overbyrn

• 2 weeks later...

Tried installing last night. Just doesn't seem to work. It installed fine. Changed folder settings to /mnt/disk1/..., was able to link to dropbox account, and it just hangs on "Downloading Folder Index". Restarted and put some files into the DB folder and the status will indicate "Uploading 11 files" so it recognizes that there are new files in there, but nothing is actually getting uploaded.

I noticed that my dropbox account's file structure under a folder on my flash drive, without any files within. Not sure if those should be there or are part of the problem.

Looking forward to the next update.  Unfortunately, I'm not linux-savvy enough to try to troubleshoot this.

Tried installing last night. Just doesn't seem to work. It installed fine. Changed folder settings to /mnt/disk1/..., was able to link to dropbox account, and it just hangs on "Downloading Folder Index". Restarted and put some files into the DB folder and the status will indicate "Uploading 11 files" so it recognizes that there are new files in there, but nothing is actually getting uploaded.

I noticed that my dropbox account's file structure under a folder on my flash drive, without any files within. Not sure if those should be there or are part of the problem.

Looking forward to the next update.  Unfortunately, I'm not linux-savvy enough to try to troubleshoot this.

From which location did you get the plugin?  I ask as I'm in the process of updating my plugins and as part of that I've created new v5 and v6 github repositories.  I have not communicated this yet as I a wanted to update all the plugins as well as create v6 compatible ones where I hadn't made one already. 

That being said, the old or new plugin version shouldn't affect the problem you describe. You have a dropbox folder on your flash drive?  What are your settings for Dropbox Database Directory and Dropbox Directory as specified in the webgui?

From which location did you get the plugin?  I ask as I'm in the process of updating my plugins and as part of that I've created new v5 and v6 github repositories.  I have not communicated this yet as I a wanted to update all the plugins as well as create v6 compatible ones where I hadn't made one already. 

That being said, the old or new plugin version shouldn't affect the problem you describe. You have a dropbox folder on your flash drive?  What are your settings for Dropbox Database Directory and Dropbox Directory as specified in the webgui?

I don't recall if it was from the Unraid Plugin page or from github. I'll try again with the one in the first post to make sure that's not the problem.

Both directories were set to be in /mnt/disk2/ (i.e. /mnt/disk2/DropboxDB)

I don't recall if it was from the Unraid Plugin page or from github. I'll try again with the one in the first post to make sure that's not the problem.

Both directories were set to be in /mnt/disk2/ (i.e. /mnt/disk2/DropboxDB)

Depending on the version of unRAID you are running, try one of the following;

v5

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/overbyrn/unraid-v5-plugins/master/btsync.plg

v6

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/overbyrn/unraid-v6-plugins/master/btsync_64.plg

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the plugin yesterday, it starts, but it is still stuck at downloading file list.

I am using /mnt/cache/appdata/dropbox  and dropboxdb as the two folders.

dropboxdb is populated, but nothing has synced to the data dropbox directory.

I deleted everything, then i tried changing the .plg to reflect the /mnt/cache folder, but that just has the same result.

Any suggestions?  I have very few files in my dropbox account, so it shouldnt take long to sync.

EDIT -

Looking through the plugin at the symlink section, I saw that it was trying to rm the /Dropbox directory.  I changed that to rmdir, but it wouldnt delete since it wasnt empty.  I manually went in and deleted every directory inside /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox, since rmdir -rf doesnt work.

then i ran the command to create the symlink.  now it is showing it is uploading 13 files... i will let it sit for a bit and see where I am now.

Does this look right?

drwxrwxr-x  3 nobody users  0 2014-09-23 01:20 ./

drwxr-xr-x 13 root  root  0 2014-09-23 00:33 ../

lrwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users 28 2014-09-23 00:34 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxdb/

drwxrwxr-x  7 nobody users  0 2014-03-12 19:46 .dropbox-dist/

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  26 2014-09-23 01:20 Dropbox -> /mnt/cache/appdata/dropbox/

I have been using the Version 6 plugin of Dropbox and it has been working perfectly.  This morning I upgraded to Unraid 6.0 Beta 10 and received the following message on the Dropbox plugin screen under the online version section:

Warning: mkdir(): File exists in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 146 2014.09.18

Just wanted to make you aware of it.

Thanks for all of your hard work on these plugins.

Abner

• 2 weeks later...

My dropbox is borked again

Running unraid 5.0 rc11a

It says dropbox is not running

dropbox application version vunknown

Dropbox cliscript version v1.6.0

Then below it says

Dropbox version (local) unknown (online) v2.7.43

Dropbox plugin (local) v1.5.0 (online) v1.5.0

No updates available

Please help.

I have it set to run on my cache drive

W

After a reboot my dropbox was f*cked again. The plg form ttttubby did not do the trick for me. I had to reboot restart stop start remove folders symlinks add folders add symlinks remove folders reboot etc etc and all of it 10 times... now it is working again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have what I "believe" to be a complete DropBox set up.  Files are synced but when I try to go beyond the 2 GB free limit, I get a message in the tray stating that I´ve reached the limit and cannot sync.

I assume that by having Unraid as my cloud that I have as much storage as the Unraid server.  If so, what could be wrong

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks for the info.

@To the others missing their dropbox:

Unfortunately phaze doesn´t have a dropbox-plugin and I dont get dropbox working again since my last unraid-reboot.

Did anyone manage it to get dropbox working again in any way ? It seems that my skills suck at this...