FS: IBM BR10i (8 drive SAS/SATA controller) - like m1015 - preflashed to IT mode

nick5429

I have an IBM BR10i raid card/controller for sale.  I've already done the work of flashing it to LSI IT mode (the 'good firmware' mod for unraid).

Includes 1 SFF-8087 to 4x SATA connector breakout cable to connect 4 SATA drives, and a full height mounting bracket (this is what 99% of users will need).  Just grab another of these cables (~$8 on amazon) to connect the other 4 ports.

Works great with unraid, I've been using it flawlessly for the past 3+ years.  I'm only selling it as I'm upgrading to a fully hot-swapping 24 bay case.

This is functionally equivalent to a flashed IBM m1015, except that it only provides full support for drives up to 2TB.  For a 3TB+ drive, it will only access 2.2TB of the drive.  I just used this card to mount my older, smaller drives, and used my motherboard SATA ports for my bigger drives.  Worked great for me, as I figure I'll always have a smattering of old drives around!

Asking $50+shipping for the raid card + breakout cable.  PM me if interested

Thanks for being honest stating that this drive doesn't support drives over 2T. This is a pretty big limitation in these days of 4T, 6T, and 8T drives. But you are right, for a backup array trying to utilize a bunch of older 1T and 2T drives, this would work well.

Archived