ESXi 5.x - pre-built VMDK for unRAID

I know it's very easy to update your VMDK's yourselves, but if anyone wants to host a v6 final VMDK, I can link it from the first post.  Would be good for anyone 'new' to it all!

I would love to see a v6 final VMDK posted.

I will follow this thread in hopes it happen!

:)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B93BSpm4tzDMTHo0Nmk0RHVzcTA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, first post updated.

had some issues with that 6.0 vmdk on a friend's server when updating it to 6.0.1, causes a kernel panic on boot after only replacing the bz* files.  Plus it also has recycle bin and system volume information...

So I created my own using gparted and dd/syslinux.  I stripped out the make_bootable stuff and the config folder to make it nice and clean:

unRAIDServer-6.0.1-x86_64.vmdk:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3MWcQtek6PXczhRdDUxTlhVREU/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using this to run some tests in VM Workstation but it runs out of space when I test certain plugins. When I run df -h only the USB stick shows up. I did a disk expansion in VM Workstation for the vmdk but it didn't seem to help, not sure how to re-expand the partition in unraid when I can't seem to see the partitions, any ideas?

• 4 months later...

Hi guys I'm new at this and I'm having a bit of trouble. I have ESXi 6.0.0 and and I am using unRAID 6.1.7. I downloaded the 6.0.1 vmdk files to get the USB booting which I've edited to replace the 6.0.1 bzroot & bzimage files with the 6.1.7 ones, but I always get an "end Kernal panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" message when the USB boots. I've tried reformatting my unRAID USB with no success. I tried PLOP boot manager but that tells me that I have no bootable device. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been updating my VMDK using winimage as new releases come out. You can just replace the bzimage, bzroot, and the new bzroot-gui files in your VMDK each time there is a new release. I can post mine after each update if there is interest.

Edit: Here are my VMDKs for 6.1.9 and 6.2.

unRAIDServer-x86_64_v_6_1_9

unRAIDServer-x86_64_v_6_2

I appreciate that, nothing with plop would ever work, did the vdmk, working like a dream now.  Appreciate everyones help

• 2 weeks later...