Suggestions on PSU for Intel S2600CP2J Motherboard

kopuz

Hey all,

Recently purchased one of the Intel S2600CP2J Motherboard + dual e5-2670 XEON bundles and I am researching which PSU I will go with.  I don't want to break the bank, but i do want a quality PSU that will keep my hardware running for years.

Bundle I purchased

http://www.natex.us/Intel-S2600CP2J-Dual-E5-2670-128Gb-Kit-p/s2600cp-cpu-128gb-12800.htm

I don't care about noise.

I plan to have around 15 drives (mix of greens and 7200s)

I plan to have multiple GPUs

SATA card to support my desired 15 drives.

Thanks folks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Does this motherboard support IPMI with KVM?

I read it needs an extra module from Intel to get full functionality. Like $65 for the adapter with a ethernet port, or $45 without one.

I was going to say that myself as I bought this module: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816117283 for my Natex S2600CP2 MB. But after reading the manual again I wasn't sure it was needed anymore.  Glad someone confirmed I didn't waist my money since I wanted the dedicated nic anyway.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this motherboard support IPMI with KVM?

I read it needs an extra module from Intel to get full functionality. Like $65 for the adapter with a ethernet port, or $45 without one.

IPMI works fine without any additional hardware

Looking to upgrade my server again :-) , how is IPMI enabled on this MB?

//Peter

• 3 months later...

I'm getting ready to buy that exact same bundle from them!  I'm also getting a EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 from Newegg.

I'm finding it hard to locate a compatable cooler for that board that will keep them cool and still be quite.  Anybody else got a decent cooler that fits that Narrow ILM socket they are using?  I'm going to be placing these system in a Norco 4U rackmount case.