[Still doing it :(] What would cause the webgui to randomly be inaccessible?

It will work just fine for a long while and then randomly not work. I can press refresh as much as i want but i just have to wait until it randomly starts working again.

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.2 refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

May be coincidence but when its not working if i go look at network in windows explorer and double click on my unraid server it almost always starts working again after that.

Edit: doing it constantly now.. only stays up for a few seconds. I am preclearing 4 disks atm.

aZbbfpa.png

99% CPU have anything to do with it? Been that way since i started preclearing my disks.

Edit: Came up for a few second so i took a pic of this..

IIWJHCI.png

All stock. I haven't touched them.

On that System Status screen you showed above, click on the General option to the right of 'System Status' and select 'Errors', and check if the network is healthy or having issues.

Sounds like either a malfunctioning network, an overloaded network, or an IP conflict.  But could be other things too...

You may want to try different networking settings, like different bonding choices, etc.

Could be the cable i guess. It was brand new from the store. Bought it so i could have the server in the spare room. It's plugged right into my modem/router combo. Nothing else is having issues.

bond0 Errors: 0

Drops: 118

Overruns: 0 Errors: 0

Drops: 0

Overruns: 0

eth0 Errors: 0

lo Errors: 0

Hi,

it seems that I have a similar problem. After the upgrade from 6.1.9 to 6.2 the web-gui is very slow. All other services are working fine. In the error section of the main dashboard I can see a lot of drops by the bonding device. I changed nothing in the network configuration, so it's highly improbable that there is an real physical network problem.

greetings

Frank

Unraid1.jpg.14b9df47d01f9b94600b00c696006746.jpg

"glad" to hear its not just me! heh.. I have no idea what settings to futz around with in network settings :/

One of the things you need to find out first is why your CPU load is nearly 100%. This will have impact on the responsiveness of the webGUI.

Telnet/SSH into your system and use htop to see which processes are demanding this high load (post a screenshot of the htop view).

I'm only doing 4. No way im stopping them now. They are all 30ish % in the last read.

No idea why its showing up a billion times.

Plus doesn't the image show my CPU not being fully used ? Looked like all cores are under 25%.

############################################################################################################################
#                                                                                                                          #
#                                        unRAID Server Pre-Clear of disk /dev/sde                                          #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 1, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#                                                                                                                          #
#   Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read verification:                                                   [24:50:47 @ 67 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 2 of 5 - Zeroing the disk:                                                       [12:19:48 @ 135 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 3 of 5 - Writing unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                          SUCCESS    #
#   Step 4 of 5 - Verifying unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                        SUCCESS    #
#   Step 5 of 5 - Post-Read in progress:                                                                     (27% Done)    #
#   ** Time elapsed: 7:52:52 | Current speed: 160 MB/s | Average speed: 58 MB/s                                            #
############################################################################################################################
#                                Cycle elapsed time: 45:08:17 | Total elapsed time: 45:08:17                               #

#                                                   S.M.A.R.T. Status                                                      #
#   ATTRIBUTE                      INITIAL    STATUS                                                                       #
#   5-Reallocated_Sector_Ct        0          -                                                                            #
#   9-Power_On_Hours               7          -                                                                            #
#   194-Temperature_Celsius        26         -                                                                            #
#   196-Reallocated_Event_Count    0          -                                                                            #
#   197-Current_Pending_Sector     0          -                                                                            #
#   198-Offline_Uncorrectable      0          -                                                                            #
#   199-UDMA_CRC_Error_Count       0          -                                                                            #
#   SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED                                                               #

Well, i am not sure why. All i did was boot a clean install of unraid, get a trial key, install some plugins and start a preclear on 4 disks :/

well the post-read (the phase of pre-clear you are in) can consume a significant amount of extra CPU in addition to that required for I/O as it is also checking that the results of each read are all zeroes.

Hope so! heh..  I can wait. Cant really do anything with nothing assigned to the array anyways heh

in normal use most people would only be pre-clearing 1 or 2 drives in preparation for using them with an existing array.  Also if you are not interested in the stress test/confidence check elements of pre-clear you can always add them to the array anyway without doing a pre-clear

Narrowed it down a bit.. any time any device connects to my network, like my laptop VIA wifi, that's when this starts. unRAID will work fine all day and then something with connect and it will go up, down, up, down, up, down..... every few seconds for HOURS!!. Nothing else on the network is affected in any way. It is unbelievably frustrating :(

Any ideas?