How do you start docker in UnRAID 6 beta 12

I already have an m2 drive formatted and being used for the cache drive now I would like to start docker and run the plex media server in docker.  I can't seem to get docker running in either the command console or the UNRAID docker menu.  I've tried changing the docker image folder and the size and then clicking on start and the screen flashes and it is docker is stopped.  Also, I am running the Pro version of UnRaid so it should be the full beta version.  I would appreciate any help or direction on getting this working.

Thank You,

John Turi

I already have an m2 drive formatted and being used for the cache drive now I would like to start docker and run the plex media server in docker.  I can't seem to get docker running in either the command console or the UNRAID docker menu.  I've tried changing the docker image folder and the size and then clicking on start and the screen flashes and it is docker is stopped.  Also, I am running the Pro version of UnRaid so it should be the full beta version.  I would appreciate any help or direction on getting this working.

Thank You,

John Turi

Hey John, 

What filesystem is your new cache drive?

You would probably want to change the directory for the docker image to be /mnt/cache/Docker.

It doesn't hurt to create that directory in advance.  What always drove me nuts coming from Windows is that Linux directories are case-sensitive... Docker is different than docker.

Also, don't forget to fill out the repositories

I did as you suggested and changed the name of the Docker file and I put the folder on my cache drive.  Then in the Template Repository I pasted in https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates.  Then I clicked save and the screen flashed and the info I put in the template repository disappeared.  Then, I click start and again the screen flashed and Docker was stopped.  Also, I stopped plex media server from running in my plugins page prior to doing any of this on the docker tab.  So, it appears that I can enter whatever on the docker  page and it flashes and clears the page back to a blank Template Repository.  Any ideas how I can get docker running?

I found using the screen to be very finicky.  Here's what I did that finally worked:

- Created a share named apps and specified cache-only

- Created a directory named "docker" within the apps directory on the cache drive (this was the key to starting docker)

- Specifed /mnt/cache/apps/docker/docker.img as my Docker image file

At this point I was able to finally start Docker, although it ignored my entries for the template repositories.  I tried putting in the template repositories several additional times and it finally took. I'm not sure what the trick was, it just finally added the repository entries and templates appeared in the drop-down.

I had the same issue tdallen, exactly the same actually.  It took five or six tries until the repositories took for me.  Although after it took now if I click the docker tab my gui will sometimes load but then becomes unresponsive until I reboot the whole machine.  I haven't even added anything or setup an app yet.  I've only setup the img location and the repository

Wow that worked!  I'm not too sure about the stability of this system.  I'll see how it runs the next couple of days.  Before your suggestion I did create an apps folder on my cache drive and it had a docker sub folder but it didn't work.  I think the only difference was that I made the apps folder CACHE ONLY.  Like you suggested.

Thank You All So Much,

John Turi