Question about GPU

wgstarks

With IPMI, there is no need to boot into BIOS as the settings can be changed from the IPMI interface. Just like changing the network settings on your router. You connect using the current IP, make the change, device resets, and then you re-connect to the new IP. The blog mentioned previously includes the screen to make this change. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OstOinn8_X8/UoyLkmvhdCI/AAAAAAAABOQ/AW_In7zdxaY/s640/impi-net.png

Is this with a browser connected to the IP of the dedicated IPMI port?

Yes..as already said, the default setting on the boards is to aquire an IP via DHCP.

Your router/DHCP-Server should tell you which one has been cared out.

Then use your browser (you need java enabled on your system) and go to that IP.

Upon first connect, the browser will downlaod the IPMI java application and load it..you'll have to answer/confirm the java security questions and let it run.

Then you can access the IPMI config, system health info and remote control (the remote screen viewer of that boards GPU).

In the IPMI config you can set it to a fixed IP if you want.

My policy is quite the same, but I prefer to confire these in my DHCP Server, so my fixed-IP boxes still use DHCP and the router carries out the work.

Yes..as already said, the default setting on the boards is to aquire an IP via DHCP.

Your router/DHCP-Server should tell you which one has been cared out.

Then use your browser (you need java enabled on your system) and go to that IP.

Upon first connect, the browser will downlaod the IPMI java application and load it..you'll have to answer/confirm the java security questions and let it run.

Then you can access the IPMI config, system health info and remote control (the remote screen viewer of that boards GPU).

In the IPMI config you can set it to a fixed IP if you want.

My policy is quite the same, but I prefer to confire these in my DHCP Server, so my fixed-IP boxes still use DHCP and the router carries out the work.

Thanks for the help. Looks very simple. I hope the building process goes this easy as well. :D