Opinions on the need for unRaid or media servers once DVD's & Blu-Rays extinct?

Hey brucey7 I have a Python script you may find useful, it strips out unwanted audio and subtitles for you, it runs recursively, currently only supports mkv containers, if your interested pm me.

Thanks, but I'm all sorted, I use MKVMERGEGUI, I keep all the foreign language tracks and subs, just set the default to English, naming convention is...

Long Good Friday, The (1980) HD1080p,DE,FR,IT.mkv  for a movie with FR, German, Italian subs or audio tracks.  Ember stops looking as soon as it sees the close brackets and then scrapes from IMDB etc.  Ember is shareware, a bit quirky at scraping but flawless at reading it's catalog.

Hey no worries brucey7 just trying to help out as I see you have a lot of media added every month, I can't imagine having to use mkvmergegui manually for each file added, must be a bit of a task? Can I ask why you keep the foreign audio track, you could save hundreds of gigs of space from a movie collection of 10000 by simply stripping out unwanted audio.

Hey no worries brucey7 just trying to help out as I see you have a lot of media added every month, I can't imagine having to use mkvmergegui manually for each file added, must be a bit of a task? Can I ask why you keep the foreign audio track, you could save hundreds of gigs of space from a movie collection of 10000 by simply stripping out unwanted audio.

I keep the foreign language tracks for friends and neighbours, my friends are all ex-pats too and for some of them, English is not their native tongue.