EXPIRED : Seagate ST32000542AS 2tb $69.99

bigdog66

upstairs server.

You know you have a problem, or a very understanding wife, when you have an "upstairs server."

I had a similar convo with my dad recently.  I was talking to him about my "regular" server (the one that stays up 24/7, my test server, and the 2 servers I have as VM's.  He asked me how many servers I needed and I told him i would let him know when I thought I had a problem.  He just shook his head and went back to watching TV.

upstairs server.

You know you have a problem, or a very understanding wife, when you have an "upstairs server."

Probably both.  ;) 

He asked me how many servers I needed and I told him i would let him know when I thought I had a problem.  He just shook his head and went back to watching TV.

You may have a problem.  A few more servers and you might need serious help... or therapy... or more 2TB disks...

Joe L.

upstairs server.

Probably both.   ;)   

He asked me how many servers I needed and I told him i would let him know when I thought I had a problem.  He just shook his head and went back to watching TV.

You may have a problem.   A few more servers and you might need serious help... or therapy... or more 2TB disks...

Joe L.

Since unRAID is not a backup solution you need a primary server, a backup server and some small upstairs, development or prototyping server.

After that it's time to consider UCD.

LOL!

Last night I also notice that they lower the price from $69 to $59 but this morning they raised it backup to $69.  I email them about their 30day price protection but they email me back asking where i saw it.

Ordered 2 from newegg and 1 from tigerdirect.  And in doing so, remembered why I haven't ordered from tigerdirect in 7 or 8 years.

Don't know why you haven't ordered from tigerdirect.....sure you have to pay shipping but I have seen a lot over the years where their price was cheaper.....I could be a bit biased because i live so close to their Chicago shipping facility....within reason they ALWAYS ship the same day....its freaking amazing...lol

I have order as late as 6:00 their time and got the items the next day

but recently i have pretty much order everything from Newegg because i have caught almost all the stuff on shellshocker....and they have usually taken a couple of days just to ship.....usually the prices are close....guess it depends how quickly you want the item

I always come away with a used-car sales feeling when ordering from them.  The thing that brought that feeling with that last order was the prompt for the last 4 of my SSN to verify the order.

• 1 month later...