Check my Node 804 build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($134.99 @ NCIX)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ NCIX)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Other: 4GB DDR3 Ram (Purchased)

Total: $416.95

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-25 19:35 EDT-0400

Here it is so far, I've been wanting to build something like this for awhile. The Hard drives are just placeholders so I could use PCPartPickers Wattage information, I intend to pick up drives from my local shops as they tend to have some great deals on pre-used drives. Can anyone spot any problems with my build or how I could optimize it? Its only for Plex, SAB, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, and local back ups.

I just built myself a replacement desktop system using that same AsRock motherboard.  It has everything I wanted at a great price.  My only thoughts are to build in some head room for added functionality by installing at least 8 Gb of RAM, and maybe moving up the CPU food chain into quad core and/or hyperthreading.  If you're just building a system that will be serving files only then this system is more than sufficient.  You could even get just a Pentium or Celeron processor.  But when building new my advice is to always get more RAM than you think you need.  If you can afford the incremental cost, 8 GB and a Xeon E3 1231 would give a huge boost in performance.

You'll be much happier with the "working space" in the case if you use an SFX power supply.

I thought that would only be necessary with the Node 304 not the 804? The 804 looks much larger to me

Look at the 450w Silverstone SFX unit.

Small, but not sure it is really needed in Node 804.  The drives are above the PSU and there is a fair amount of space for cabling beneath them, behind the PSU.

You'll be much happier with the "working space" in the case if you use an SFX power supply.

Look at the 450w Silverstone SFX unit.

I thought that would only be necessary with the Node 304 not the 804? The 804 looks much larger to me

You're absolutely correct => I had just finished reading another build that was using the micro-ITX version, and had a "senior moment" ... clearly you're using a microATX case and motherboard -- NOT ITX.    An ATX power supply is fine for that.

By the way, I'd consider using 4TB (or even 6TB) WD Reds.  The 6TB are a bit more per TB, but you can grow to a much larger system with the same case and # of SATA ports.

Four 6TB drives will provide 18TB of protected storage, compared to the 15TB you'll get with a maxed out 6-drives using the 3TB units.    And you'll still be able to add 12TB of additional space if/when needed.    If the cost of the 6TB drives is more than you want to spend, look at the 4TB drives ... when they're on sale they're about the same price/TB as the 3TB drives.