3x NORCO SS-500 with Noctua fans *SOLD*

I love those HDD cages. I've got one and two Suoermicro ones, and I like the Norco better. I clean them with my air compressor at 200 psi. I don't think your air compressor is the culprit. May be someone else hit it.

Huh, then I have no idea! I usually clean out my computers at ~100 PSI

I love those HDD cages. I've got one and two Suoermicro ones, and I like the Norco better. I clean them with my air compressor at 200 psi. I don't think your air compressor is the culprit. May be someone else hit it.

Hope you guys aren't cleaning them out with the drives still in.  Drives (except for the helium filled ones) have tiny holes (and filters) to equalize pressure and prevent dust from getting into them.  The last thing you want to do is force the dust in.

Hope you guys aren't cleaning them out with the drives still in.  Drives (except for the helium filled ones) have tiny holes (and filters) to equalize pressure and prevent dust from getting into them.  The last thing you want to do is force the dust in.

I always took the drives out. I thought 100 PSI was OK, but either way that's another conversation.

I remove the drives out and clean everything. I don't leave the drives in and use the air compressor since I don't want to push any air/dirt in the drive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...