How do I manualy set a static IP in a VM?

Hello

I'm running a ubuntu server vm and struggeling setting static IP on the server. First of all I'm sorry that I'm using screens to show you my current settings, as I cant just copy them out of VNC...

This is my static ip config:

PA5LI4.jpg

This is the result after restarting the network, without any errors:

LfmKqr.jpg

How do I do this properly?

Thanks

Cheers man, working perfectly now!

Would you mind explaining what exactly makes the difference so it works now?

From the unRAID VM Configuration Guide (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_6/VM_Management#Using_Virtual_Machines):

Configure a Network Bridge

There are two methods by which your virtual machines can get access to host-based networking: through a private NAT bridge managed by libvirt or through a public bridge managed by unRAID directly. The private bridge (virbr0) is automatically configured when libvirt starts. The public bridge (br0) can be created through the Network Settings page on the unRAID webGui.

The private bridge generates an internal DHCP server/address pool to create IPs for VMs automatically, but the VMs will be on a subnet that cannot be accessed by other devices or even other services on unRAID. This type of bridge is ideal if you want your VM to be completely isolated from all other network services except internet access and the host's network file sharing protocols. VM management can be performed through a VNC session provided by the browser.

The public bridge provides VMs with an IP address from your router, but internally bridges communications between VMs and each other, as well the host. This type of bridge is ideal if you want your VMs to act just like another device on your network, where you manage it's network access at the LAN-router instead of inside the VM. We persist MAC address settings for the virtual interfaces you create, ensuring the VMs should get the same IP address each time they connect, as long as your router-managed DHCP pool doesn't run out of addresses. So if you want to connect to your VM from another PC, laptop, tablet, or other type of device, you should use the public bridge.

Whichever bridge you prefer can be defined as the Default Network Bridge on the VM Settings page.