[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

You can install it on any drive but if you do, then that drive will always remain spun up adding wear and tear. Best thing to do is get a cache drive, it doesn't matter what type of drive it is, as long as you want ever add anything to it that the drive can't handle before moving to the array ie: adding 500GB to a 320GB drive. I picked up a 1TB drive for the heck of it. I've barely used maybe 10GBs on it. lol

Great advice! All the slots are actually full, but there are some 1TB that need to get upgraded. I'll make sure to leave one around and make it a cache drive.

Any chance you know what the 'Config directory:' should be then? The default is: "/usr/local/btsync/config"

Maybe first I should have asked if you have a folder setup for applications.

I'm currently rewriting the plugins from scratch for the new plugin manager on unraid 6. It's going to take a little bit of time but after you should be able to run the apps even if you have no internet connection, as long as you've run them once with an internet connection to download the needed files.

I'm hoping this week be a universal plugin so unraid 5 compatibility will remain. Also, all dependencies will be sandboxed.

I am super excited for this! I was going to ask if you had any plans to make your Plex Plugin compatible with the Plug-in manager in Unraid 6, and I am extremely happy to learn that you are already working this!  :)

Yea they all work fine as is but I'll update them so they have no more error alerts.

Hey, is it possible for me to send you the sickbeard I'm using and have the some of their code added into yours? Of course whenever you get around to it if you do.

you can send it, is there code in it specific to something?

Yea they all work fine as is but I'll update them so they have no more error alerts.

Hey, is it possible for me to send you the sickbeard I'm using and have the some of their code added into yours? Of course whenever you get around to it if you do.

The only code that would be in it that could add value is the built in torrent support for some of the more popular private torrents. I'll send it to you.

Yes. It's going to be on whatever drive you want it to be on. So say disk one /mnt/disk<insertdisk#youwant>/applications/btsync/config

and for btsync

/mnt/disk<insertsamedisk#>/applications/btsync

Thank you! That worked perfectly! My setting is basically "mnt/cache/applications/btsync" and "/mnt/cache/applications/btsync". Now should I be running this as root or another user? I also need to find out how BTSync will handle files that are already on the backup server. I already synced 80% of the data via GoodSync using a mac machine.

Yes. It's going to be on whatever drive you want it to be on. So say disk one /mnt/disk<insertdisk#youwant>/applications/btsync/config

and for btsync

Thank you! That worked perfectly! My setting is basically "mnt/cache/applications/btsync" and "/mnt/cache/applications/btsync". Now should I be running this as root or another user? I also need to find out how BTSync will handle files that are already on the backup server. I already synced 80% of the data via GoodSync using a mac machine.

It's going to sync whatever is in the folder. Let me guess you have sickbeard running?

Hey did you get my pm's? They're not showing in "My Messages" but I got a "pm sent" message.

and for btsync

It's going to sync whatever is in the folder. Let me guess you have sickbeard running?

Actually, I don't even know what 'sickbeard' is! But you have manage to peak my curiosity! :) I will look into later today.

My main concern is that duplicate files will work their way over from the backup server to the live server. I have been doing some data renaming on our live server and my concern is that the file with the old name (which is currently on the backup server) will come back over to the live server - thus creating duplicate files and filling up the live server. But the thought just hit me that I might want that to happen because I wouldn't be able to delete the wrongly name files from the back up server. I will just have to monitor how quickly the live server fills up!

Hey did you get my pm's? They're not showing in "My Messages" but I got a "pm sent" message.

hey I got them and responded

Any idea when we will be able to update Media Browser.

Not sure if we should be able to update now but Luke posted a new update link in the unRAID thread of MBS linux thread

does the plugin need to be updated with the new link?

it should be automatic bit I will have a look sometime tonight.

I reverted to gjardim's Docker (running version 3.0.5347.23908) because all the newer versions Trakt isnt working properly.

I really hope he doesnt update this docker, because it works perfectly!

which app? You mean it's broken by the dev? In all the latest versions?

Should I be running BTSync (which is really BitTorrentSync) as root or another user?

Also, since I will be syncing over the internet, should I use SSL?

you can run it as "nobody" since that's a standard user for unraid. Or you can use "other" and make a new user to run as. Your choice. You shouldn't need to run as root though.

I'll update the plugin title to say BitTorrentSync on the next plugin update.

I reverted to gjardim's Docker (running version 3.0.5347.23908) because all the newer versions Trakt isnt working properly.

I really hope he doesnt update this docker, because it works perfectly!

which app? You mean it's broken by the dev? In all the latest versions?

Something happened with Trakt in v3.0.5390 and later.  You can no longer mark things watched/unwatched. Well, you can, but it never registers with Trakt.  I reported it on the MB3 forum, and the mods response was, "well, thats a community supported plugin, maybe someone will have a look at it."

Ive tested this in Windows, your plugin, the official MB docker... all the same result. 

On a whim, I tried gfjardim's Docker, and for some reason, its stuck on v3.0.5347.23908.  It wont update past that, which Im 100% OK with!

They also changed how Date Added works.  On a new installation, it does not seem to use the data added in metadata, or even the file creation/modified date.

Also, is there a way to share a 'shared folder' rather than individual drives in BitTorrentSync plugin interface? Do I have to share the folder under each disk? There is one folder that spans all my disks. Do I have to share them individually?

I found it under the /mnt/usr/ folder. Yay!

Correct. From what I've seen, you want to go to the usr share if you want to access everything across the array. If you want just one folder then you usually go to the disk it's self. I could be very wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me.

and for btsync

Actually, I don't even know what 'sickbeard' is! But you have manage to peak my curiosity! :) I will look into later today.

My main concern is that duplicate files will work their way over from the backup server to the live server. I have been doing some data renaming on our live server and my concern is that the file with the old name (which is currently on the backup server) will come back over to the live server - thus creating duplicate files and filling up the live server. But the thought just hit me that I might want that to happen because I wouldn't be able to delete the wrongly name files from the back up server. I will just have to monitor how quickly the live server fills up!

Yes, if the file names are different, then it will resync it. Best bet is probably to just delete it from the server and then resync it back from your backup.

Heres my setup:

unRAID Server Pro v. 5.0-rc16c

Server named "unRAID" (not root, tower, etc.)

I have been running the following PhAzE plugins:

Plex Media Server

SABnzbd

CouchPotato

SickBeard

Had occasional issues with the Plex server losing connection with unRAID, and SABnzbd freezing; but could always get them back up with the restart button from the Settings tab under the given plugin. 

Then about a week ago Plex upgraded.  When it did, I stared having worse connection problems.  Then I noticed that there was a plugin upgrade too, so I installed that, thinking it would help.  Ended up having to actually reboot the whole server, and that's when things fell apart.

Probably should mention that I'd originally had unMenu also installed, and had a VERY hard time getting SickBeard to run.  Couple months ago I finally got SB to run, but unMENU didn't work.  Well, after the above, unMenu came back, so I was able to use the power down script when I rebooted. 

Anyway, now I have unmenu on :8080, SAB on :8081 (:9090 SSL), CP on 8082, and had SB on :8083 (Plugin Version: 1.5.2)

Neither unMENU nor SickBeard work now.  I did get SB to start since then twice, but both times it hung before reloading all of my existing TV series (I lost the old config, and had to re-install from scratch) 

When the SB plugin restarts it shows "stopped" again.  I get an error that says "PID created but process did not start"

I've deleted the directory and plugin from the flash, and rebooted (dozens of times now) but no joy.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

I am having a similar problem as MDEnce. Everything has been fine on my install.  SB stated I was multiple versions behind so I decided to update SB from the plugins management page versus in app. It "downloaded the newest version" and says no PID created when I try and restart the app.  Ive tried multiple reboots.  Does the SB plugin store the download anywhere?  Not sure if I have a bad download.  It will not restart.

Error returned when I try and restart the plugin.

PID not created, application did not start for some reason

... Start Failed

-------------------------  SOLVED --------------------------

Either the program had an issue or the author has changed the database structure.  Checking the SB logs showed the following error.  I did not use a fork of SB.  To fix it , I renamed the SB config directory, hit the start SB button and it started.  I am now in the process of adding all of shows back in to the DB.

If you have used other forks of Sick Beard, your database may be unusable due to their modifications.

2014-11-01 22:52:50 INFO    MAIN :: Checking database structure...

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: Checking Initial Schema database upgrade

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: sickbeard.db: SELECT 1 FROM sqlite_master WHERE name = ?; with args ('tv_shows',)

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: sickbeard.db: SELECT 1 FROM sqlite_master WHERE name = ?; with args ('db_version',)

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: sickbeard.db: SELECT db_version FROM db_version

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: sickbeard.db: SELECT db_version FROM db_version

2014-11-01 22:52:50 INFO    MAIN :: Database upgrade required: Initial Schema

2014-11-01 22:52:50 DEBUG    MAIN :: sickbeard.db: SELECT 1 FROM sqlite_master WHERE name = ?; with args ('tv_shows',)

2014-11-01 22:52:50 ERROR    MAIN :: Your database version (19) has been incremented past what this version of Sick Beard supports (18).