Dockerization of some popular applications.

I was hoping a few days away from this would clear my head and help......it didn't.

Here is my current config of SAB and Nzbdrone

I am also unable to change the SAB host from 0.0.0.0 permanently. I set it to 192.168.2.186 but it fails to stick.

I even changed it in the config file in my cache drive but it reverts back to

host = 0.0.0.0  . Could that be part of the problem?

2vc6wqg.jpg

oapr8m.jpg

v68d91.jpg

2d3vjm.jpg

290y8v6.jpg

dwqhsl.jpg

11biu0y.jpg

Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm being a dunce

nothing jumps right out at me from your screenshots, but they are cut off, and unclear what exactly they are of in some cases.  In particular, the error message is cut off.  it appears to be a problem with the path it's finding someplace, but I'm not sure where exactly it's coming from.  perhaps the missing bit will help with that.

However, in the meantime, attached are my screenshots for comparison.

Of note: if you are using unMENU, or other plugins or dockers, it's very possible something else is using port 8080, and that could be tripping you up.  you'll notice I've changed my settings to use other ports, to ensure no conflicts.  Perhaps you can try the same, just to confirm this is not the problem.  To do this, you can just change the settings in the docker setup dialogs and save.  it will amend your ports without reinstalling or anything else, it's very fast/easy to change these.

If you still have trouble, please post your screenshots that match the ones I've posted, and make sure that they are full/complete, and no messages are obscuring the information, so that we can see everything you're using.

Finally, can you go to a putty/command prompt and provide the output of ls -l for /mnt/user?  it will look something like this...

root@media:/mnt/user# cd /mnt/user
root@media:/mnt/user# ls -l
total 10485772
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users           6 Oct  8 12:24 VM/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          42 Oct 22 15:41 adult/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users         108 Oct 10 21:16 appdata/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          17 Oct 23 13:10 backup/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 10737418240 Oct 23 14:28 docker
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users        4096 Oct 23 02:15 documents/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          23 Oct 16 10:11 downloads/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          49 Oct 19 02:16 music/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users        4096 Oct 20 02:15 photos/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          39 Oct 23 13:03 video/

appdata.png.920621d9586462418d70e5f87085d5fc.png

nzbdrone_settings.png.18dc7cc82ae78594c5e97bbfc58e6918.png

Thanks Justin. For the screenshots that have parts missing I did not change the defaults, which were all blank.

I removed UnMENU earlier to see if that helped but made no difference.

I am going to set mine up like yours and see does it help. It looks like you have everything covered with the pics though.

For the time being here is the output for ls -l for /mnt/user . I can already see permission differences so they are going to have be changed.

root@Tower:~# cd /mnt/user
root@Tower:/mnt/user# ls -l
total 5242880
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users         48 Oct 20 23:14 Downloads/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users         40 Oct 20 19:06 Media/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users         30 Oct 23 20:25 appdata/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 5368709120 Oct 23 22:36 docker

I don't have any manually entered remote path mappings either.

SUCCESS!!!  :)

I followed your screenshots exactly and I have successfully send nzbs to sabnzdb, have had them download, renamed and moved to the appropriate folder. Its working perfectly.

Thank you so much for your time Justin. You gave a perfect tutorial.Its much appreciated.

I'm sure I'll bump into some other issues down the line when setting up other dockers but for now all is well.

Can I suggest that your screenshots be either moved to a new thread or to the op in this one.

They were spot on and in 10min I had accomplished what I could not do over a few hours.

I know alot of people will scoff at that but I'm sure there's others out there that would find your screenies useful.

Thanks again

I'm really glad to hear that.  I honestly didn't know what to do next if that didn't work :)

I have no problem if the OP wants to add these to the first post, or if you want to create a new thread using the screenies.  It's been so long that I'm not sure I'd be able to write a good "how to", but since you just went thru it, you'd be better to know what to 'warn' people about, and what to emphasize.

if you run into more issues, just post again.

Also, I think most of us went thru something similar to what you just did when we first started.  I happened to be sitting at my computer when the beta that first had docker enabled was released, and was one of the first people to get them up and running successfully, this was well before the docker plugin was released.  Seems like so long ago now :)

I seem to have a problem with alot of my files becoming restricted to Unknown User. Doing a permissions repair fixes this, but assume its related to the user security setting of the docker container?

Also, anyone had any luck routing Deluge or NZBGet only out thru a VPN (leaving the rest of the system's traffic normal). At the moment that would be a perfect scenario (only option I think of how to achieve that atm is a vm with openvpn nzbget and deluge only, and another vm\docks with plex\couchpotato\etc)

Anyway, thanks for the docks anyway :)

I had PLEX working for 2 days.  I went to reboot the server so I hit stop on the array.  The gui stopped responding after that.  whoops ....  gave it a hour and no response so i SSH'd in and rebooted the server.

my error should have shutdown the docker apps first before hitting stop. (i guess)

Ever since that Dirty shutdown Plex seems to install but i cannot get the UI to come up at all.

repository is needo/plex

Things i have tried ...

- deleted container ... rebuilt ... UI will not connect.

- deleted image and container rebuilt ... UI will not connect.

- deleted entire disk image ... created new image ... rebuilt plex ... UI will not connect.

checking plex logs i see pages and pages of this error

WARNING COULDN'T CREATE /config/Library/Application Support, MAKE SURE I HAVE PERMISSON TO DO THAT!

mkdir: cannot create directory '/config/Library': Permission denied

can i assume i have some permissions issues?    can anyone help?

I am just learning docker so i really don't know what to do next

thanks in advance...

merlyn

Update for NZBDrone,  Needo could we get it updated please.

Also if its not too much trouble how about a develop branch add too?

Thanks

The update is for Plex Media Theater not Plex Media Server.

You can just add a variable to your docker config startup, variable name called VERSION.  The variable value will be equal to the entire version number.

Trying it here as general support is getting no bites.

Can anyone help with this Plex tweak? I just need to know where to plant the XML file so it gets used for preferences during transcoding.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35943.0

running a test sync now :) thanks

edit: works great :) not a huge bump in file size on High setting. Thanks again.

What's wrong?

should have marked it [solved] or at least "moved on never mind" lol. I was able to get the cloud sync preference for 5.1 audio working but it turns out to be incompatible with the Roku 3 which my 2 remote friends use to watch so back to 2-channel audio for now.

Thanks

You can just add a variable to your docker config startup, variable name called VERSION.  The variable value will be equal to the entire version number.

Ummm I was asking for NZBDrone update not Plex.. 

Thanks

Trying it here as general support is getting no bites.

Can anyone help with this Plex tweak? I just need to know where to plant the XML file so it gets used for preferences during transcoding.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35943.0

running a test sync now :) thanks

edit: works great :) not a huge bump in file size on High setting. Thanks again.

What's wrong?

should have marked it [solved] or at least "moved on never mind" lol. I was able to get the cloud sync preference for 5.1 audio working but it turns out to be incompatible with the Roku 3 which my 2 remote friends use to watch so back to 2-channel audio for now.

What do you use as your CloudSync provider for your plex?  Looking for one.

Thanks

Ummm I was asking for NZBDrone update not Plex.. 

Thanks

You are right....Not sure what I had read. :D

What do you use as your CloudSync provider for your plex?  Looking for one.

Google Drive. They just lifted the 2GB file size limit so they are at the top of the list. I have free accounts at all the others but each is limited (either in single file size limits or overall capacity) for storing videos with high quality settings.

That said, Google Drive has been a PIA in the past so really none of them is perfect ;)

I'm not getting what is happening with nzbDrone.

This is the mapping from the Docker tab;

/mnt/cache/Applications/nzbDrone/:/config:rw

/mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv/:/downloads:rw

/mnt/user/TV_Shows/:/tv:rw

The /tv and /config mapping is working perfectly but this is the error I'm getting;

[Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV] Intermediate Download path does not exist: /mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv/Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV

Which makes no sense. The docker shouldn't even know about "/mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv". The mapping should have nzbDrone looking to "/downloads/Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV"

So what's going on here?

The /tv and /config mapping is working perfectly but this is the error I'm getting;

[Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV] Intermediate Download path does not exist: /mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv/Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV

Which makes no sense. The docker shouldn't even know about "/mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv". The mapping should have nzbDrone looking to "/downloads/Comic.Book.Men.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV"

So what's going on here?

Fix your nzbDRONE configuration file.

You likely have the directory specified as "/mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv" and NOT "/downloads/complete/tv". Also note, it will be case-sensitive, so use /downloads and NOT /Downloads.

So what's going on here?

Fix your nzbDRONE configuration file.

You likely have the directory specified as "/mnt/cache/Applications/Downloads/complete/tv" and NOT "/downloads/complete/tv". Also note, it will be case-sensitive, so use /downloads and NOT /Downloads.

What nzbDrone configuration file? Even then, using what you suggest would be wrong considering the full completed download location is mapped to /downloads inside the docker.

Watching a download, nzbDrone shows a failed "CompletedDownloadService" in the log with the actual server path immediately after SAB is finished downloading. So, nzbDrone must be getting the path from SAB using the API.

Do I turn-off the "Completed Download Handling" and put "/downloads" into for the drone factory location?

I am using NzbGet not sab, so maybe my suggestion is wrong but try to change the Docker configuration path one level above complete downloads.

For me in NzbGet I needed to set the path, so that nzbdrone also could see my incomplete or intermediate path. Only the completed path wasn't enough.

Solved the same error message you are getting for me.

I am using the complete download handler and not the dronefactory.