[SOLD] FS: Antec Full Tower Case - still in box

Excellent deal.  I wish I would of gone with this case.

The case is really nice. I love the monster fan on the top but in reality I think I've out grown the conventional computer case. Here I am almost spending a small fortune on hard drive cages and a new case when I can get that Norco 4224 for just as much or cheaper. I just have to see if that Norco is deep enough for a tall CPU fan. Server cases usually aren't real deep for CPU fans.

90 isn't really "real low" considering its 99 with free shipping on Newegg.  Nice case though and I am same boat as you.  Looking to upgrade to possible Norco case.

Someone will buy it. It is now on Craigslist. The savings on Newegg is for a $20 rebate card, which I think you have to spend there or on more Antec products. I actually hate to sell it, but it's so shallow.

Excellent deal.  I wish I would of gone with this case.

The case is really nice. I love the monster fan on the top but in reality I think I've out grown the conventional computer case. Here I am almost spending a small fortune on hard drive cages and a new case when I can get that Norco 4224 for just as much or cheaper. I just have to see if that Norco is deep enough for a tall CPU fan. Server cases usually aren't real deep for CPU fans.

The case is really deep, so it shouldn't be an issue:

Dimensions ( W x D x H ) 19" x 25.5" x 7.0" (483mm x 650mm x 176mm)

However, you really shouldn't need anything beyond the stock Intel fan. I used to have a couple of after-market fans, but they are ridiculously large and really not necessary. I've scrapped them all and just gone back to stock fans. I would rather invest in better case fans to move airflow better and quieter which will likely have a more significant impact on the overall heat in the system than a crazy CPU fan.

However, you really shouldn't need anything beyond the stock Intel fan. I used to have a couple of after-market fans, but they are ridiculously large and really not necessary. I've scrapped them all and just gone back to stock fans. I would rather invest in better case fans to move airflow better and quieter which will likely have a more significant impact on the overall heat in the system than a crazy CPU fan.

I agree, although every new Intel fan seems to be smaller and smaller. I do like to get a mild upgrade if I am going to be pushing the CPU pretty hard, which unRAID with VMs and Dockers is definitely able to do. If I overclock, I go with something like the Noctua.

I like THESE coolers for non or very lightly overclocked operation. This is just one I found with a quick search, but Zalman has a number with this same basic design. I like that they stay low (close to the motherboard) and out of the way of drive connections and such. They work very well and are not in the "arm and a leg" cost variety. Funny, I used an Intel stock fan on my current unRAID server - but it was a stock fan from an earlier model CPU that had a much beefier heatsync than the one that came with the Xeon! Always good to save the spare parts.

With the Netburst CPU's I always replaced the stock fans with higher-performance units ... typically Zalmans.  But with the much more energy efficient Core architecture units ... and especially the Haswell units ... the stock fans are really all that's needed unless you're an over-clocker.

Right now I have a Zalman water cooled unit on there. One 120mm radiator style that is hanging by one screw because it won't fit properly. Still thinking about gary's recommendation of that LianLi case or just go all out and get a Norco and never have to buy another case again really.

Right now I have a Zalman water cooled unit on there. One 120mm radiator style that is hanging by one screw because it won't fit properly. Still thinking about gary's recommendation of that LianLi case or just go all out and get a Norco and never have to buy another case again really.

The only issue with the Norco is that it's a rack mount.  Basically that means you either need a nice rack;  a good set of add-on feet;  or a "kludge" mounting for it (which I wouldn't do).    If you want a tower form-factor, the Lian-Li is tough to beat.

The only issue with the Norco is that it's a rack mount.  Basically that means you either need a nice rack;  a good set of add-on feet;  or a "kludge" mounting for it (which I wouldn't do).    If you want a tower form-factor, the Lian-Li is tough to beat.

I've seen pictures where guys would put those soft/rubberized furniture stick on feet on the bottom of the Norco box and just place it on a strong table the same size as the box. Then throw a few decorative plants near it and all set. I can get a small aluminum rack from work but don't think I actually want that thing in my house. I'd rather buy a nice low profile type stand/table and use that. I think someone put a link for an Ikea table they used for it. Just have to grab the same size and I guess make sure you support the bottom through-out with good feet. Home Depot has lots of options on those. I like the rubberized type stick on feet cause that would help with any vibrations too.

Still up in the air. At least the box is up and running with some missing hardware. :)