Cant update since upgrading to 6.2

sloob

Hi there!

I'm trying to update my dockers (Plex for this exemple) and every time i try to update it i get this error: Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Here is the full log

Pulling image: limetech/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [013614dfa4e7]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 771 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [7a5b522fbafb]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 119 MB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [4244e3a84dd1]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 562 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 119 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

If i have to do a clean install of my dockers under 6.2, any of you might know if i only have to backup Preferences.xml to keep my plex settings?

Ok, so now i've updated plex by deleting and re-creating docker.img but now when i added plex again (using my previous template) all of my settings within plex were gone. please tell me there is a way to get it back

What exactly do you mean by "using my previous template"? Did you actually select the template named "my-plex" (or "my-whatever-you-named-it") from the dropdown?

Yes exactly, i should mention that i also backed up the entire Plexmediaserver folder in my appdata share in case something would get messed up.

Also i should precise that when i say "My settings within plex" i mean my libraries, movies on deck and watched/unwatched status, the docker settings were correct

Still doesn't answer my question. Specifically

What exactly do you mean by "using my previous template"? Did you actually select the template named "my-plex" (or "my-whatever-you-named-it") from the dropdown?

Another way you could have done it is from Community Applications plugin using Previous Apps.

If instead you did it by selecting some plex repository from the dropdown (not named "my-plex-or-whatever-you-called-it", but just "plexmediaserver" or something like that) then you did not use your previous settings but instead used the default settings from that repository.

Post your docker run command.

Pulling image: limetech/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 63 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 70 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 680 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 32 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 13 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 40 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [013614dfa4e7]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [7a5b522fbafb]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 119 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [4244e3a84dd1]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 562 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 222 MB

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/user/Plex files/":"/media":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer":"/config":rw limetech/plex

af246b1dd54dfb23247c037286d4ec26f51d40eda854037a02e60ddb8c1c4169

The command finished successfully!

I think many of us have switched from limetech dockers to linuxserver.io or binhex since they seem to be more up-to-date and better supported.

This whole thread should probably have been posted to the limetech docker support thread. I can merge it there if you want.

Not much else to offer since I don't really know enough of your specific details to know what might be different before and after.