[SOLVED] docker run -u some_other_user

tokra

Hi, I created docker template for jenkins official docker hub.

I am trying to figure out how to define user in docker template,

docker command has option "-u":

e.g.

docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 50000:50000 -v /your/home:/var/jenkins_home jenkins[b] -u username[/b]

any ideas how to define it in docker template XML,

i dont know all tags of docker template schema therefore im no sure.

e.g.

docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 50000:50000 -v /your/home:/var/jenkins_home jenkins[b] -u username[/b]

use the extra parameters

e.g.

use the extra parameters

Example please ? whats the exact name of the tag and where exactly should be nested in XML?

thx

e.g.

use the extra parameters

Example please ? whats the exact name of the tag and where exactly should be nested in XML?

thx

No need to tinker with the XML and usually best to avoid that approach. Turn on Advanced View in the upper right of the Add Container page.

e.g.

use the extra parameters

thx

Don't go and try to modify the XML yourself.  (Too much possibility for errors ->  Also safest to ignore everything Limetech has in the wiki on the XML schema.  The best information is in the Programming Forum)  Do everything through the Add Template page.  Hit Advanced.

e.g.

use the extra parameters

thx

Don't go and try to modify the XML yourself.  (Too much possibility for errors ->  Also safest to ignore everything Limetech has in the wiki on the XML schema.  The best information is in the Programming Forum)  Do everything through the Add Template page.  Hit Advanced.

Man, i'm software dev not noob.

Instead of these talks you could just send me XML or XML schema, I tried to google that schema but i cannot find correct link...

Please can you help ?

e.g.

use the extra parameters

thx

Instead of these talks you could just send me XML or XML schema, I tried to google that schema but i cannot find correct link...

Please can you help ?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40299.0  and http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/DockerTemplateSchema  But neither myself nor trurl want you to do this.  Trust me.  I spend a lot of time when a new maintainer creates a repo fixing their mistakes...

This is the proper way to make the xml is this:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg486569#msg486569  (also enable template authoring mode in settings - docker)

e.g.

use the extra parameters

thx

Please can you help ?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40299.0  and http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/DockerTemplateSchema  But neither myself nor trurl want you to do this.  Trust me.  I spend a lot of time when a new maintainer creates a repo fixing their mistakes...

This is the proper way to make the xml is this:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg486569#msg486569  (also enable template authoring mode in settings - docker)

Thank you very much !