What next PCH ?

Obi_One

C-200's are nice, but I would check out the Dune HDs.  A little more expensive, but seem more feature filled--and some include a BluRay drive where as you need to purchase a BluRay separately with the C-200 (I believe).

But the PCH has a nice community, so if you want something to work out of the box, they're not a bad option--but I'd probably get an A-210 if I were to upgrade my A-110 as I don't need a BluRay player at the moment.

thanks,

the serve will be use to provide Movies on Friday and Sat.

I can build the htpc. the price for a htpc and pch-c200 is similar.

I try the xbmc but still a little lost. I could not get yamj to with it.

anyway limetech like C200.

I wonder if any one here have pch-C200 and can chime in about it:

1) how long have you use it ?

2) how easy to use it?

3) how flexible is it?

4) how is the picture it display on the HMI

5) any problem with it?

6) would you recommend it to your friends

I mainly play 1:1 Blu-ray rips with my C-200 and it's excellent. PCs are a pain to update every 5 minutes. The C-200 just works.  The early firmware was buggy, but now it "just works".

With YAMJ, it's a great interface. I power up my home cinema and this appears:

jNIiM.jpg

Well,

the server is for data storage consolidation. But one of it primary function is for movie so.

I really like the pch-c200.

I just want to be sure that before I slap the money down and get the the pch-c200, that I did my search on what out there.

How is pch do with TV show? same as dvd files ?

I have a PCH C200 and A200 (recently re-housed into a metal case.  Both work fine and, although there have been (and still are), some firmware bugs and restrictions, I have never had any problems watching my movies.

Are you sure that you want/need the C200?  The A210 is significantly cheaper than the C200 and the only physical difference between them is the 5.25 drive bay and the lcd panel on the C200.  The firmware is identical except that the A210, because it can't accommodate a BD drive, isn't licensed to play blu-ray discs, BD-J menus etc.

Build a HTPC with XBMC.  You will thank me later.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=94199

Will XBMC play a Blu-ray with menus and BD-J features? Will it bitstream DTS HD MA and TrueHD to my amp?

If not, it's useless to me.

Give it a try on an existing machine, it's free software. 

I have a HTPC set up with Ubuntu.  I paid around 250$ more than a year ago (atom 330/ion config).  I have it set to automatically log in/launch XBMC, so it's like an appliance.  I also setup lirc and I have a harmony one remote.

Those times I want to browse the web, or stream something via the web browser, I just launch firefox :)  No one knows that it's a functional computer until I close XBMC.  Very easy to set up, open source software, and is constantly in development.  Not to mention the support you can get on their community forums.  Give it a try before you buy the hardware, it works on linux windows and osx.

Build a HTPC with XBMC.  You will thank me later.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=94199

Will XBMC play a Blu-ray with menus and BD-J features? Will it bitstream DTS HD MA and TrueHD to my amp?

If not, it's useless to me.

Give it a try on an existing machine, it's free software. 

I have a HTPC set up with Ubuntu.  I paid around 250$ more than a year ago (atom 330/ion config).  I have it set to automatically log in/launch XBMC, so it's like an appliance.  I also setup lirc and I have a harmony one remote.

Those times I want to browse the web, or stream something via the web browser, I just launch firefox :)  No one knows that it's a functional computer until I close XBMC.  Very easy to set up, open source software, and is constantly in development.  Not to mention the support you can get on their community forums.  Give it a try before you buy the hardware, it works on linux windows and osx.

I don't need an HTPC -- I gave up on them years ago, I use my Popcorn Hours. I was just pointing out that XBMC is not for everyone. The last time I checked, it won't play Blu-ray discs (where play means menus, BD-J and HD audio streaming, like every other BD player). That's no good to me, and won't be for other people. If you are happy playing remuxes and recodes, by all means use XBMC.

geess.. I did google it but I didn't think it was that.

I thought it some thing like Wide Automatic Function For Advance Home Theater Remote Control Aparatus Of A Geek Home.....or some thing cool like that, but not "The" "WAF". oi....;D

In my defense, he did say "it just plug and go" so I figure is must some kind of super gadget for super double agent. ;D

Yeah Wife Acceptance Factor, She complains when things don't work. The PCH is just easier for non-nerds.

Plus you can run either the NMJ jukebox or the YAMJ jukebox if you want nicer looking file browser.

Can plug in a bd rom drive into the pch c200 and use it just as a bd player too.

I think the short is that both have there pluses:

HTPC

- more flexible, can do more, ie webrowser

- can be finnicky and needs more setup

PCH

- Simple to use

- slightly less functionality (can still do youtube, i think flickr from memory (I don't use it) and there are other apps too)

Josh