Does AD support require a domain controller online before unRAID boots?

Hi,

I run a number of virtualised 2012 DCs on 2 xenserver hosts.  I would like to use unRAID as my NFS datastore for ISO files and various back up uses, as well as generic file storage.  What I don't know is what happens with the AD support.  UnRAID will always boot quicker than my xenserver hosts and consequently the attached VMs therefore AD won't be up and running.  Can I assign the NFS store public credentials so that it is up before the VM hosts and then once the DC is up and running the AD part of unRAID then can connect or does unRAID require an active directory host to connect as it is booting?

Hopefully the above made sense and any answers are greatly appreciated.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone able to help me with this question?  I really like unRAID especially given the directory caching script, but I'm not sure if the AD bit will work without a domain controller being up first.

My plan was simply to allow unRAID to boot first and then for the XenServer's to boot up afterwards but as the first VM of the rank will be the domain controller I need a bit of understanding about if unRAID can wait that long for the DC to boot up.

Cheers,

Chris