AVS-10/4X questions.

Peter

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the AVS-10/4X for my small business as I need:

Backup for time machine,

Backup of video files,

Backup of documents.

My concern was, if I setup the server as a backup for time machine, can I use another portion of the server to backup video files, or other types of documents?

Also how does it work to use it as backup server for the timemachine? Do I have to plug it via usb or what?

Plus are there any enterprise 4TB hard drives, and SSDs that you can suggest me to buy for this server?

Thank you!

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the AVS-10/4X for my small business as I need:

Backup for time machine,

Backup of video files,

Backup of documents.

Well you've come to the right place!

My concern was, if I setup the server as a backup for time machine, can I use another portion of the server to backup video files, or other types of documents?

Absolutely!

Also how does it work to use it as backup server for the timemachine? Do I have to plug it via usb or what?

You will create a user share for each device that you want to backup to unRAID.  You can then set a policy on how big you want the time machine backup for that device to consume (volume size limit).  You then backup to it over the network, no direct attach cable required ;-).

Plus are there any enterprise 4TB hard drives, and SSDs that you can suggest me to buy for this server?

Thank you!

There are many threads on this and other forums about drives and what you should use.  We at Lime Tech make two drives available for sale from our website here:

http://lime-technology.com/hard-drives/

Thanks for your interest in the AVS 10/4 and let us know if we can help you with anything else!!