Another dead USB - setting up a new one

I know there have been some threads about this but I am a wee bit paranoid.  My USB drive got mangled (don't ask) and I didn't have a copy made of it.  I put in a new USB drive and I think I got the drives in the proper order.  The drives are listed as "good" and have green lights.  I have checked the parity and I don't see any errors.

I am assuming that if there were parity errors it would show up somewhere noticeable... ?

Is there anything else I need to check before I start resuming operations and writing data to it?  It looks like everything is good to go but I am still nervous I have the drives in the wrong order.

Thanks for the help.  I am new around here but I am totally loving Unraid so far.  Good stuff.

If it were me, I would assign all data drives first without parity.

Start the array. (without parity.. note, this will invalidate current parity).

Double check that all my data is available on the proper mount points.

Then assign parity as the last step and create a new parity.

Parity drive would be the last step I configured since that is a write step.

Yes this would take some time, but it would also insure that i checked my data first and would not be overwriting a data drive with parity information.

However if you've already assigned all your drives and validated your data exists in the mount points expected, then you're probably OK.

All depends on how many data drives you have, if you know exactly which drive goes in which spot, then you can pretty much re-assign everything and go.

I've had to do this quite a number of times since I've been playing with ESX and a new HP Gen 8 MicroServer.

I know exactly which drives go where. Yet I've done this both ways with success.