Fans: 2 Arctic F8 rear wall

Flash Drive: 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro

UPS: APC BR1000G

Parity Drive: 3tb WD EFRX

Data Drives: 3tb WD EFRX

Data Drives: 5x 2tb WD EARX

Data Drives: 2tb WD EADS

Data Drives: 6x 2tb WD EARS

Data Drives: 2x 2tb Samsung F4 Spinpoint (w/Japanese firmware)

Data Drives: 2tb Seagate Barracuda

Data Drives: 1tb WD EADS

Total Drive Capacity: 34tb

Primary Use: Movie storage

Subdivisions:

Supermicro 24 Bay Chassis (TAMS)

CPU: AMD Opteron Quad Core 2346HE

Motherboard: Supermicro H8DME-2

RAM: 16GB Samsung PC2-5300 ECC

Case: Supermicro SC846TQ-R900B

Drive Cage(s): 24 built in

Power Supply: Corsair TX650

SATA Expansion Card(s): 3 SAT2-MV8

Cables: 18 inch

Fans: 3 Arctic F12 mid wall position

Flash Drive: 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro

UPS: APC BE550G

Parity Drive: 2tb Samsung F4 Spinpoint

Data Drives: 2tb WD EZRX

Data Drives: 3x 1tb WD FALS

Data Drives: 1tb Samsung F1 Spinpoint

Data Drives: 3x 2tb WD EFRX

Data Drives: 1tb WD EFRX

Total Drive Capacity: 14.5tb

Primary Use: Torrent hosting and backup

Freewill:

Supermicro 24 Bay Chassis (TAMS)

CPU: AMD Opteron Dual Core 2212HE

Motherboard: Supermicro H8DME-2

RAM: unknown 8GB

Case: Supermicro SC846TQ-R900B

Drive Cage(s): 24 built in

Power Supply: Corsair HX650

SATA Expansion Card(s): 3 SAT2-MV8

Cables: 18 inch

Fans: 3 Arctic F12 mid wall position

Flash Drive: 4GB SanDisk Cruzer

UPS: APC BE550G

Parity Drive: 3tb Seagate Barracuda

Data Drives: 6x 3tb WD EFRX

Data Drives: 2tb WD EFRX

Data Drives: 3tb Barracuda

Data Drives: 2x 2tb WD EZRX

Data Drives: 2tb WD EADS

Data Drives: 2tb WD EARS

Data Drives: 1tb Seagate Barracuda

Data Drives: 1tb WD FALS

Data Drives: 3x 1tb Samsung HD103

Data Drives: 2x 500GB Caviar Blue AAKS

Total Drive Capacity: 37tb

Primary Use: TV series storage

When you upload the images, try to resize them to 800x600 or so.  Then you can link them in the forum posts like this:

[img=http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2803/dsc03753b.jpg]

This image is a little too big though!

I chose thumbnails with links to hi-res images for closer scrutiny. Are 800 pixel on the long side directly posted without thumbnails preferred?

Ideally you could post 800 x whatever photos hotlinked to the full size photos.  However, if that is too much work then I would prefer the thumbnails like you posted to oversized photos posted directly.  As long as I don't ever have to scroll sideways to see a photo, I'm happy.

I think there's an option in most browsers to force larger than the window images to resize, with an option to view full-size. In case you didn't know about it.

Can't wait  ;D

The only issue with zoom (ctrl + / -) is that it shrinks the text too.  I actually do spend most of my time on firefox at work (can't install chrome there), so if there's already an option built into firefox them I probably won't need the chrome one.  At home I use chrome on a 24" monitor, so I rarely need to zoom anything ;)

Ideally you could post 800 x whatever photos hotlinked to the full size photos.  However, if that is too much work then I would prefer the thumbnails like you posted to oversized photos posted directly.  As long as I don't ever have to scroll sideways to see a photo, I'm happy.

I think there's an option in most browsers to force larger than the window images to resize, with an option to view full-size. In case you didn't know about it.

I'm using Firefox and can zoom images by holding down left CTRL key and then scrolling my mouse.

Sweet!

Third (second data) disk just finished pre-clear about an hour ago. WD20EADS took 29 hours to pre-clear. I had to low level format twice, using HDDGURU. Some kind of weird error in the middle gave me pause, so I ran it a second time.

Transferring data at 28MB/s via TeraMove.

I'll run this free license for six weeks or so (if the free space holds out), and then upgrade to Pro. I can obviously place two more drives in the existing Icy Dock before needing to purchase a second dock and SATA controller card. I could utilize the existing drive cage that's behind the case fan. Unless that would present issues later when they do get moved into an Icy Dock cage? Just thinking ahead here, I don't know if there would be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I ordered a new WD20EARS from Newegg. Just in time for the $20 rebate and $10 newegg promo.

There's two slots left in the Icy Dock cage, plus the three slots that come with the CoolerMaster 590. With the other two 2tb drives I already have, all sata ports will now be full in just a week or so. :P The two drives are within just a few % of being full, so with the new drive added in, I'll have some free space available. After that, I've got three 1tb drives (also near full) to install, but that will require another Icy Dock cage.

I upgraded to a Pro license, v4.7, and pre_clear v1.2 in the last 12 hours as well.

I upgraded to a Pro license, v4.7, and pre_clear v1.2 in the last 12 hours as well.

pre-clear 1.3 was released only a few hours ago...  You may want to download it one more time.

Joe L.

rofl

How about I download the new version RIGHT BEFORE I start pre-clear?  :P :P :P

Not a bad idea... in case somebody else thinks of a good way it can be improved. 

What can I say?, as people use it and show the results I can refine the logic on how it reports.

The last change is to have it use the "default" MBR setting as defined in /boot/config/disk.cfg if neither the "-A" or "-a" option are specified.

Joe L.

I was actually surprised it WASN'T in unMENU tbh.

It pre-dated the package manager in unMENU.  It is not possible to download from the forum post attachment, since you must log in to see the attachment.    It has nothing to do with unMENU, so I did not want to bundle it with it. I specifically wanted it to be separate.

I suppose I can host the file on google-code.  I'll have to give it some thought.

Joe L.

No, I didn't know that...thanks.

Edit: I don't see any options like you've described in chrome - unless you mean simple zoom.

Looks like it's not an option for Chrome. :o Surprising. ctrl + or - works too, but is not automatic, which is handy for this situation. I'll work on something special, just for the unRAID group. ;D

Actually auto-resizing is the default in Chrome.  In fact the problem with this feature is the reverse & people cannot figure out how to turn auto-resizing off; such that there is an Chrome extension to do just that.

Nice build  ;)

I ordered a Weather Direct TX60U-IT and Weather Direct Gateway to monitor temperature outside of the server. I searched for a while this morning but used the wrong terms, so this never popped up. I was finding blogs with instructions on how to build my own temperature monitor from a PCB and various capacitors. My soldering skills are not that great, buddy!

I'll get this installed Wednesday night and post back the results. This setup will give me text alerts if the temp in the room gets too warm for my preference. I can always shut down the server if necessary.

Feb  9 01:27:21 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=34489sec rate=56641K/sec

I ran a second preclear after the disk was already part of the array because of 13 sectors pending re-allocation that became 2 pending after one preclear pass. So when it was added back into the array, a data-rebuild was required. That took 9.5 hours. Everything looks good now, despite those 2 sectors that are still pending re-allocation. I used TeraCopy to move 287gb in just under five hours while I was sleeping.

One more WD20EADS to add to the array, preclear, and then I have three 1tb WD drives to get EVERYTHING I own in the case. But those last three disks will require another backplane and a controller card (with a breakout cable).

The two Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E / 120mm 1,200rpm fans arrived this afternoon, as did the LaCrosse Technology weather reporting station. My server is right near the ceiling in a full height 27" wide x 28" deep cubby, which is in a closet without an HVAC duct. I'd like to know if the temp in that room gets above 23C. This unit will send me a text on my cell phone, plus emails to three (different domains) different addresses. Online monitoring is free for a year, then $9.95 per year.

I installed the fans as intake on the side panel too tightly, so they were clicking. :o Had to grab a screwdriver tout de suite to avoid damaging them too much. So far, they are as quiet as the other four 120mm fans already installed. Temps are holding around 32C.

When the server was off the shelf, I was also able to install my final 2TB disk into the last open onboard sata port. It was purchased in Feb 2010, and according to the SMART page, has 118 hours on it. The preclear has been running for 25 minutes. :P