Dynamix - V6 Plugins

The result is still the same. I can not access the server via gui or telnet. A ping works.

Have you checked to see if your 'Repost video on S3 resume' is set to enabled? I don't have any of your hardware to test but I have had problems before with a video card that would hang during resume from s3 sleep and cause the motherboard to become unresponsive. Enabling this setting in bios should fix your issue. If not then you need a new video card (of motherboard if its integrated). Hope this helps. GL

I would like to request a few things, hopefully before v6 goes final, but whenever you have time.

When viewing a support post, saw there was a need for a SMART report, and went looking, found nice options for viewing various SMART report sections but no way to download a complete SMART report.  I imagine it's already on your to-do list, but a button to download it would be nice, listed with the other SMART options.  I suggest a file to download named "smart_modelname_timestamp.txt", zipping is not necessary.  (A file name without any spaces *may* be a little more trouble free for the newest users.)

I went looking for a way to download the syslog and finally found it at the bottom of the Tools/syslog.  May I please request that the button be moved to the very top, immediately visible to any user?  It is nicely implemented, saves a "syslog.zip" locally, containing a "syslog.txt" with DOS friendly line endings, easy for users to attach and easy for helpers to analyze.  The only improvement I could suggest is adding a timestamp to the "syslog.txt" file name, eg. "syslog_20150331.txt".

My biggest request though is an enhanced download for troubleshooting purposes, a zipped file containing the syslog, a SMART report for EVERY drive that it can see (in or out of the array), and possibly other diagnostic and log files.  Name it something like "servername_timestamp.zip", and add it to the Tools buttons, as something like "Download Diagnostics" or "Troubleshooting".  In addition to the syslog and all SMART reports, I would like to see (when you have time to consider it) a text file included (name it "Main.txt"?) that is a text version of the Main screen, containing the same complete layout of all drives and their numbers and status indicators.  Include all columns but the View column, and use 3 letter codes for the ball colors (Red, Blu, Grn, Gry, Yel, Ong, etc).  By the way, it would be nice to be able to call for the generation of this report from the command line, on those rare occasions when network access is lost, but you still have a working console.

Several improvements are already made, and become available in the next release of the GUI.

Adding a "troubleshooting" tool is a good suggestion, will definitely look at that, but no time estimate.

Testing V6, and found the new syslog download button at the top, thank you!  And leaving the one on the bottom is a nice touch, syslogs are so long!

I appreciate the addition of a download button for the SMART attributes, but forgive me, I really would prefer a download button for a complete SMART report with all sections, unparsed, unprocessed, untouched from its capture.  Any way that could make it into V6 before it's final?  And while I'm asking, any chance for the diagnostic dump too?

I would like to request a few things, hopefully before v6 goes final, but whenever you have time.

When viewing a support post, saw there was a need for a SMART report, and went looking, found nice options for viewing various SMART report sections but no way to download a complete SMART report.  I imagine it's already on your to-do list, but a button to download it would be nice, listed with the other SMART options.  I suggest a file to download named "smart_modelname_timestamp.txt", zipping is not necessary.  (A file name without any spaces *may* be a little more trouble free for the newest users.)

I went looking for a way to download the syslog and finally found it at the bottom of the Tools/syslog.  May I please request that the button be moved to the very top, immediately visible to any user?  It is nicely implemented, saves a "syslog.zip" locally, containing a "syslog.txt" with DOS friendly line endings, easy for users to attach and easy for helpers to analyze.  The only improvement I could suggest is adding a timestamp to the "syslog.txt" file name, eg. "syslog_20150331.txt".

My biggest request though is an enhanced download for troubleshooting purposes, a zipped file containing the syslog, a SMART report for EVERY drive that it can see (in or out of the array), and possibly other diagnostic and log files.  Name it something like "servername_timestamp.zip", and add it to the Tools buttons, as something like "Download Diagnostics" or "Troubleshooting".  In addition to the syslog and all SMART reports, I would like to see (when you have time to consider it) a text file included (name it "Main.txt"?) that is a text version of the Main screen, containing the same complete layout of all drives and their numbers and status indicators.  Include all columns but the View column, and use 3 letter codes for the ball colors (Red, Blu, Grn, Gry, Yel, Ong, etc).  By the way, it would be nice to be able to call for the generation of this report from the command line, on those rare occasions when network access is lost, but you still have a working console.

Several improvements are already made, and become available in the next release of the GUI.

Adding a "troubleshooting" tool is a good suggestion, will definitely look at that, but no time estimate.

Testing V6, and found the new syslog download button at the top, thank you!  And leaving the one on the bottom is a nice touch, syslogs are so long!

I appreciate the addition of a download button for the SMART attributes, but forgive me, I really would prefer a download button for a complete SMART report with all sections, unparsed, unprocessed, untouched from its capture.  Any way that could make it into V6 before it's final?  And while I'm asking, any chance for the diagnostic dump too?

Change to full and uncompressed reports is feasible to do.

I need to park your other suggestion for the time being, too many obligations at the moment!

how does s3_sleep determine disk activity? the reason im curious is that i'm experiencing an issue where if all my drives are spun down but anyone of them are still reporting a temperature reading in the GUI then the log for s3_sleep is reporting disk activity for that drive, as far as i can tell there is no actual disk activity since the drive is spun down.  to resolve the issue i have to spin up the affected drive manually and then once it spins down again it will stop reporting temperature.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39355.0

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39145.0

There is something that I bugged me for a long time.  It is a matter of usability and a source of frustration to the new adapters (including persons who are testing out the unRAID).

On the 'Array Operation', it is not obvious how to powerdown the server or reboot it.  One must stop the array FIRST. Then, the 'Reboot' and 'Power down' options appear.  These 'hidden options' have been  a source of several posts over the past couple of years from new users and a source of frustration/turnoff to potential adapters of unRAID.

My proposal is a simple one.  Make the Reboot and Power Down options a permanent choice on the Array Operation's page.  Modify the scripts for those two functions to 'call' the Stop Array function is the array is not already stopped.  Of course, I would still want those confirmation check boxes there.  (I, personally, like things that protect me from doing something stupid!)

There is something that I bugged me for a long time.  It is a matter of usability and a source of frustration to the new adapters (including persons who are testing out the unRAID).

On the 'Array Operation', it is not obvious how to powerdown the server or reboot it.  One must stop the array FIRST. Then, the 'Reboot' and 'Power down' options appear.  These 'hidden options' have been  a source of several posts over the past couple of years from new users and a source of frustration/turnoff to potential adapters of unRAID.

My proposal is a simple one.  Make the Reboot and Power Down options a permanent choice on the Array Operation's page.  Modify the scripts for those two functions to 'call' the Stop Array function is the array is not already stopped.  Of course, I would still want those confirmation check boxes there.  (I, personally, like things that protect me from doing something stupid!)

Can you make this a feature request ?

I like the idea but don't think it is doable for v6.0, however as a feature request it can be taken in a next version.

Can you make this a feature request ?

I like the idea but don't think it is doable for v6.0, however as a feature request it can be taken in a next version.

Done!!!

See here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39640.0

@bonienl: I love your plugins!

One question: is it possible or is there a plan to put Active Streams in Unraid v6 dashboard screen? Cheers

The dashboard screen shows the number of open (active) streams for each share in real-time.

One question: is it possible or is there a plan to put Active Streams in Unraid v6 dashboard screen? Cheers

The dashboard screen shows the number of open (active) streams for each share in real-time.

What about the part that lists the open filenames and the ip/friendly name?

Apologies for repeating a previously asked question but I am still trying to get AutoFan working and have not seen a reply.

I was wondering how to set up and use the AutoFan script in Dynamix.

I had a quick look and could not get any of the PWM channels on my motherboard to be detected. Is there anything I need to run first or edit to get my PWM channels detected correctly? PWM Controller dropdown just has "None" as the only entry. I am running 6beta15 with no additional plugins.

Motherboard used : Gigabyte H97N-WIFI with two PWM channels (one for CPU, one for case fans)

Apologies for repeating a previously asked question but I am still trying to get AutoFan working and have not seen a reply.

I was wondering how to set up and use the AutoFan script in Dynamix.

I had a quick look and could not get any of the PWM channels on my motherboard to be detected. Is there anything I need to run first or edit to get my PWM channels detected correctly? PWM Controller dropdown just has "None" as the only entry. I am running 6beta15 with no additional plugins.

Motherboard used : Gigabyte H97N-WIFI with two PWM channels (one for CPU, one for case fans)

The plugin scans the system in order to populate the PWM controller list automatically. If it stays empty then nothing could be found. It uses the command:

find /sys/devices -type f -iname 'pwm[0-9]'

You may want to try manually to see the results.

What about the part that lists the open filenames and the ip/friendly name?

That information you can find in the active streams page, it won't fit in the dashboard page.

That returns nothing when I type it in manually.

Am I missing a driver or something? The motherboard page lists nothing under Linux drivers.

Can you post the result of

ls -l /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/

Yes, we have more there...

root@Tower:~# ls -l /sys/devices/platform
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 ACPI000C:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:01/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:02/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:03/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:04/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0C:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0E:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 alarmtimer/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 coretemp.0/
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root    0 May  9 17:23 i8042/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 pcspkr/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 platform-framebuffer.0/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 May  9 17:25 power/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 serial8250/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May  9 19:42 uevent

Yes, we have more there...

root@Tower:~# ls -l /sys/devices/platform
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 ACPI000C:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:01/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:02/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:03/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0B:04/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0C:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 PNP0C0E:00/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 alarmtimer/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 coretemp.0/
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root    0 May  9 17:23 i8042/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 pcspkr/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 May  9 17:23 platform-framebuffer.0/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 May  9 17:25 power/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root    0 May  9 17:23 serial8250/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May  9 19:42 uevent

Hmm, I don't see any nct* directories ...

Can you run the command pwmconfig (if any questions about manual control then answer 'n' to them)

Another approach you can do ... install the Dynamix System Temperature plugin (see OP). This allows you to detect (missing) system drivers.

If it finds any you can install them from the settings page of system temp, and these may give fan control too.