unRAID in ESXi - SCSI Support

So after some work, I've finally gotten unRAID to boot fine in ESXi using Plop.  The issue I'm having now is seeing the virtual drives I have created for it.  (My end goal is to use raw device mapping.)

When I setup the drives using a LSI Logic SAS SCSI controller (from ESXi) they appear in unRAID under Tools->System Devices, but they aren't available to add to the array.  Additionally I can access them without issue from the command line.  If I add them to the VM as IDE drives they are able to be added to the array, but this limits me to just 3 drives.  (One of the IDE devices needs to be a virtual CD for Plop to work.)

I've read plenty of threads of people using raw device mapping in ESXi with unRAID, but those threads are from old versions of unRAID and ESXi.  Is something eluding me or has some new restriction been put in place?

I'm on ESXi 6.5 and unRAID 6.2.4

So after some work, I've finally gotten unRAID to boot fine in ESXi using Plop.  The issue I'm having now is seeing the virtual drives I have created for it.  (My end goal is to use raw device mapping.)

When I setup the drives using a LSI Logic SAS SCSI controller (from ESXi) they appear in unRAID under Tools->System Devices, but they aren't available to add to the array.  Additionally I can access them without issue from the command line.  If I add them to the VM as IDE drives they are able to be added to the array, but this limits me to just 3 drives.  (One of the IDE devices needs to be a virtual CD for Plop to work.)

I've read plenty of threads of people using raw device mapping in ESXi with unRAID, but those threads are from old versions of unRAID and ESXi.  Is something eluding me or has some new restriction been put in place?

I'm on ESXi 6.5 and unRAID 6.2.4

see here for example: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=55512.0

my test server is on esxi 6.5 and it works fine with RDMs..