GPU Passthrough

Hello,

I am going to purchase for the GPU Passthrough capabilities.

I have one question to ask... I have SLI GTX 970, So I will have one GPU for Linux OS and then the other GPU for Windows (Gaming).

The graphics cards have a DVI and HDMI Slots, Would it be possible to utlilise both DVI and HDMI so I can have two screens for each OS and then switch over using my KVM switch?

Thanks in advance

GPU passthrough is handled by passing the entire device through to a single RUNNING VM. You cannot share the same card with 2 RUNNING VM's and passthrough one port to each. the same card can be in two different VM's, but only one can be run at a time.

using the integrated graphics port on your mother board if it has it, adding a second card would be the only way.

GPU passthrough is handled by passing the entire device through to a single RUNNING VM. You cannot share the same card with 2 RUNNING VM's and passthrough one port to each. the same card can be in two different VM's, but only one can be run at a time.

using the integrated graphics port on your mother board if it has it, adding a second card would be the only way.

Well, the phrasings "SLI GTX 970" and "one GPU for Linux OS and then the other GPU for Windows" kind of implies two cards, or maybe it is just me... I would also assume "my KVM switch" means a traditional KVM switch, and not anything VM related.

If the two cards are separated and passed through to two different VMs, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Then again, I haven't really played with that yet. :)