[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

Suggestion (maybe the wrong place). Split the "Docker Apps" section into three Started, Stopped and Paused (once we support pausing).

This would make it much clearer to see container run state than color coding and better passes accessibility tests for the color blind etc

It's the right place! NAS, I do agree with you that this need to change that, we have color blind users (the great bjp999 among them), but I don't have any ideas about how to implement this.

Any concept is very welcome!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of a different section, maybe overlay a semi transparent PAUSE (||) or STOP (X) symbol over the icons when they are in that state.

That definitely solves he problem as well so whichever is easier sounds like the fix to apply.

One thing to consider though is if people start using unRAID as a test platform you could end up with literally dozens of offline containers. In that scenario its neater to move the offline ones to a separate list.

No big deal either way, early days.

Have been having some trouble getting going with this.

Has anyone seen this before?

Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Updating templates... 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: #012Warning: preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerClient.php on line 131
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: #012Warning: unlink(/tmp/tmp-1806355066.tar.gz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerClient.php on line 143
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Updating info... 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Done. 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: 

I saw that in the log whilst trying to resolve this other thing...

docker run -d -p 4040:4040 --name="madsonic" -v /mnt/user/Music:/Music -v /mnt/user/Movies:/Movies -v /mnt/cache/madsonicdata:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro binhex/arch-madsonic
Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-madsonic' locally
Pulling repository binhex/arch-madsonic
2014/09/26 21:51:29 Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/binhex/arch-madsonic/images: dial tcp: lookup index.docker.io: file exists

And nothing happens.

I have no containers or images lurking anywhere...and no-one else has reported the repository pull issue....

I posted in the madsonic specific section of the forum, and we tried a few things, but I think this issue has run its course for ideas there.

So I'm looking for guru help.

Would be really nice to enjoy this awesome plugin with everyone else  :)

Dan

Have been having some trouble getting going with this.

Has anyone seen this before?

Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Updating templates... 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: #012Warning: preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerClient.php on line 131
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: #012Warning: unlink(/tmp/tmp-1806355066.tar.gz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerClient.php on line 143
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Updating info... 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: Done. 
Sep 26 21:42:01 Tower php: 

I saw that in the log whilst trying to resolve this other thing...

docker run -d -p 4040:4040 --name="madsonic" -v /mnt/user/Music:/Music -v /mnt/user/Movies:/Movies -v /mnt/cache/madsonicdata:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro binhex/arch-madsonic
Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-madsonic' locally
Pulling repository binhex/arch-madsonic
2014/09/26 21:51:29 Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/binhex/arch-madsonic/images: dial tcp: lookup index.docker.io: file exists

And nothing happens.

I have no containers or images lurking anywhere...and no-one else has reported the repository pull issue....

I posted in the madsonic specific section of the forum, and we tried a few things, but I think this issue has run its course for ideas there.

So I'm looking for guru help.

Would be really nice to enjoy this awesome plugin with everyone else  :)

Dan

First one is a bug within the plugin (nothing serious); just fixed that.

The second one is a Docker error; I've seen this kind of messages since we update Docker to 1.2.

I'm about to change the context menu from the icons. Instead of a right-click, it would open with a simple strait left click; webui would become a menu entry. This will work better with touch devices, which doesn't make use of context menus.

What do you think?

Nice idea.

Something else occurred to me. It would be nice to have some sort of repo browser or list page so that you can see front and center what is available.

Currently the only way to do this short of browsing about on github is to pretend to add a container, look at the name list, select one and read some... then rise and repeat.

I've had lots of problems with my server the last week or so, but I think I've got them mostly resolved now, so I tried to run my dockers again, but it's failing to start docker.  I get this in the log...

/usr/bin/tail -f /var/log/syslog 2>&1

Sep 29 23:33:21 media php:

Sep 29 23:33:37 media php: /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

Sep 29 23:33:37 media php: /var/lib/docker is not a mountpoint

Sep 29 23:33:37 media kernel: BTRFS info (device loop8): disk space caching is enabled

Sep 29 23:33:37 media kernel: parent transid verify failed on 690601984 wanted 5413 found 3802

Sep 29 23:33:37 media kernel: parent transid verify failed on 690601984 wanted 5413 found 3802

Sep 29 23:33:37 media kernel: BTRFS: failed to read tree root on loop8

Sep 29 23:33:37 media php: Not starting Docker: mount error

Sep 29 23:33:37 media php:

Sep 29 23:33:37 media kernel: BTRFS: open_ctree failed

My cache drive had started showing as unformatted, but after much trial and error, and lots of help, I finally figured out to run

mount -o recovery /dev/sdh /mnt/cachedisk

and that not only allowed me to mount the drive, and copy the contents onto another disk, it now shows normally in the array again, and all my contents seem to be there still/again.

So, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my cache drive, or with the docker image I have on disk10.  I'm not sure how to check that image to verify it's okay.

I suppose I could delete it and start over, but thought I'd ask here for any suggestions first.

thanks

I'm about to change the context menu from the icons. Instead of a right-click, it would open with a simple strait left click; webui would become a menu entry. This will work better with touch devices, which doesn't make use of context menus.

What do you think?

Hey gf, just a heads up, when Tom and I were testing this the other day, your context menu for left click on an icon doesn't seem to work on Firefox.  Just an FYI.  Can anyone else confirm?

What do you think?

Hey gf, just a heads up, when Tom and I were testing this the other day, your context menu for left click on an icon doesn't seem to work on Firefox.  Just an FYI.  Can anyone else confirm?

I had an issue immediately after installing. Then after navigating away and back to the Docker page, it worked as expected. This was all in Firefox.

What do you think?

[/quote

Firefox working fine here with the left click on icon view

What do you think?

I tested the GitHub version with FF 32.0.3, works fine. I can always revert this, tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a situation that was very confusing to me until I found out what was happening.  Here is the situation:

- Logitech Media Server docker image.

- Cache drive withe available space.  Cache drive is a 250GB SSD with 164GB free.

- Set up standard Logitech Media Server docker image.

- Docker image is 10GB and is located on the cache drive.

Here is where the problem starts:

- I have the appdata on the cache drive as a cache only share.

- I have the 'Global Share Settings' 'Cache Settings' set as:

Use cache disk.

Min. free space set to 200Gb.

The min free space setting is set to more that the free space available on the cache drive and when LMS is started it logs that there is no space left on the cache drive, which according to my settings is true.  This causes LMS to not run.

My recommendation is to use /mnt/cache/appdata and not /mnt/user/appdata in all docker templates.  Setting it directly to the cache drive does not cause the no space on the cache drive.

The expectation is that the docker image and the appdata is on the cache drive, so the appdata share is set to a cache only share and the reference to the appdata folder should be /mnt/cache /appdata.

• 3 weeks later...