Ran out of 4 pin connectors on my PSU. Can I use passthroughs?

uhhuh

My question is can a double 4 pin be expanded using the passthroughs in the photo to support 8 hard drives? They currently are powering 4 drives of various size and speed.

PSU - SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087)

Case - NORCO RPC-4020 4U Rackmount Server Chassis w/ 20 Hot-swappable SATA/SAS Drive Bays (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219021)

Passthrough - Came from a Hiper PSU.

6InMolex.jpg.79e0d690b6bbec50388c1958be624d43.jpg

Sadly sounds exactly the same as what I did! 2x 1.5TB drives one after another, if the first one had made the burning smell I wouldn't have been daft enough to try the 2nd!

If you still have the drives... and if they are Seagates... wait... no, I can't remember which ones were what... will have to look out when home.

The thing is, HDDs have a diode connected directly to power input, which is made specifically for the purpose to sacrifice itself in cases like this. I remember that I googled something like "put 12v on HDDs 5v" and found some recommendations, some even with microphotos.

Following those recommendations - basically, to solder in a shunt, shortening the dead diode - I was able to revive* two of these drives, but not the third one... can't remember was the third one a WD, or was it Seagate, just a different model...

That said, you are still  1TB smarter luckier than I am  ;)

-------------------

* -- Of course, with the diode shortened, they don't have any protection against power catastrophe anymore, but they are still working...  ;D