unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

Two things to clarify:

1. I read this as there is a bug with this GUI update dont upgrade yet

2. Why do we need to reboot? Rebooting is for the weak :P

I don't see this as a GUI bug, once the new GUI is part of the updated OS then the workaround isn't necessary anymore. Such is beta life ;D

Sure there is no need to reboot, but I felt "lazy" to write the specifics. Those who know crontab, will recognize what to do!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new GUI + bonienl's patch fixed the spin down issue for me. email notifications also appear to have started working.

Quick question, why isn't bonienl's fix part of the the gui update?

Because that isn't what a GUI should be doing. That's what the base OS does.

The new GUI + bonienl's patch fixed the spin down issue for me. email notifications also appear to have started working.

Quick question, why isn't bonienl's fix part of the the gui update?

Because that isn't what a GUI should be doing. That's what the base OS does.

Anyway for me dont work :( still some WD disk are not spin down

Shouldn't the new GUI be baked into something like a 6.0 Beta12a?

The thing is that the GUI is now a plugin and can be updated separately from the base Server OS.  Look at the 'Plugins' page on your GUI.

I personally think this is a good idea as it allows the GUI to be update without requiring a new release of the operating system.  That should help speed up the final release of the ver 6 as updates to the GUI can be tested and debugged independently of the base OS. Remember that functionality of a GUI has many large  usability components and end user feedback is required to achieve a very good GUI!  This often requires a lot of feedback and interaction between the developer and the users 'trying out' different approaches and looks.  The only exception to this is when a change in the way the GUI interacts with the OS requires a change in the OS. 

If you look at the Plugins page, you will see the 'Check for updates' button.  If the user wants to see if a change has been made in any of the plugins, one simply clicks on the button.  If one of the plugins has been updated, then the user can decide if he needs to update the  particular plugin.  If everything is in the base OS, then, for example,  a change in the ' System Temperature' plugin would require a new release of the base OS even if the user could not use the  'System Temperature' feature because his MB does not provide the information in a manner that is usable by the plugin/feature.  (One of my two MB's has this issue!) 

With this webGui update only not all background processes are properly started yet, including the parity check.

I have created some workarounds which can be copied and pasted into the file /boot/config/dynamix/dynamix.plg (see below).

After putting the workaround in place, reboot your system.

Isn't this file actually in /boot/config/plugins directory?  (I didn't have an issue with it as I simply went searching of the file.)

I updated the GUI without issue. For me the only outstanding issue is when I rebooted the schedular was stopped and I had to Apply my settings to get it to start again.

I believe this was 'fixed' if you apply this patch in this message:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36527.msg349680#msg349680

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It was actually after updating the GUI with that patch that I rebooted and checked the Scheduler, which was stopped. The GUI now shows a date of 2015.01.21, so I assume it applied correctly, but it didn't fix the Scheduler issue for me (not sure about others).

I updated the GUI without issue. For me the only outstanding issue is when I rebooted the schedular was stopped and I had to Apply my settings to get it to start again.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It was actually after updating the GUI with that patch that I rebooted and checked the Scheduler, which was stopped. The GUI now shows a date of 2015.01.21, so I assume it applied correctly, but it didn't fix the Scheduler issue for me (not sure about others).

Did you put the file in the right place?  See post directly above this one

I just copied the file you attached to the root of the /tower/flash share and in the Install Plugins folder I double-clicked on it. Seemed to install fine, and the GUI is updated on the installed plugin page, so I am assuming I did it okay.

I just copied the file you attached to the root of the /tower/flash share and in the Install Plugins folder I double-clicked on it. Seemed to install fine, and the GUI is updated on the installed plugin page, so I am assuming I did it okay.

To be honest, I have no clue as to whether the method you used worked or not.  I know it will say "up-dated" but the original update said that also--but the original update does not work right and this is a workaround.  All I really know is that the designer said to copy the new file to a location on the flash drive, overwriting an existing file and reboot the computer.  I simply followed his instructions...

Should an installed docker still be running and autostarting after upgrading from 6b10a to 6b12?

What can be the cause if it doesn't?

There is an autostart checkbox next to all of the dockers.  If its not starting up, you need to look at the docker's log (click where its saying the how long the docker's been running and/or how long ago it exited)

Interesting, so the GUI is updated independently. Would it be possible to have an announcement for all Limetech components (core, gui, unvm etc.) on this board with the usual release notes please? I'm not running v6 yet as I want to see want is changing the most before I commit, but looks like I'm missing valuable updates and don't know!

Any news on UnVM stuff?

Thanks guys.

Interesting, so the GUI is updated independently. Would it be possible to have an announcement for all Limetech components (core, gui, unvm etc.) on this board with the usual release notes please? I'm not running v6 yet as I want to see want is changing the most before I commit, but looks like I'm missing valuable updates and don't know!

I agree.  The announcements on future GUI updates should have its own thread, rather than being buried in this one.

But, v6 with will send you an email notification when updates for the plugins are available (GUI is a plugin)