Fails to join domain

I've been using unRaid since beta 5, and the A/D integration has more or less worked (other than the periodic lost permissions).  But for some reason, today the server lost connection with A/D with the following error in syslog when I try to get it to join:

Nov 11 13:42:16 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'XXXX-XXXX.COM' over rpc: Logon failure

Nov 11 13:42:24 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'XXXX-XXXX.COM' over rpc: Logon failure

Nov 11 13:42:33 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: Failed to set account flags for machine account (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

Where XXXX-XXXX.COM is our FQDN.  I was running beta 6 at the time this happened, and then upgraded to beta 8 with no change.  No configurations were changed recently.  Anyone have any ideas?

Same issue when I go back to beta 6.  I'm also having a problem with the other security types as well.  I can't seem to use user shares since I'm using a windows environment (doesn't seem to like the DOMAIN/USER names), and when I turn on simple security I get the following error when trying to access the drive:

The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

Any ideas?  It looks like my data is stuck until this can get resolved :'(

• 5 months later...

Fails to join domain

I am running the following command under RedHat Linux and I get the following error upon a net ads command upon joining to an AD environment.

Client not found in Kerberos Database

Failed to Join Domain: Improperly formed account named. How can I fix this error?

I have configured by krb5.conf, the etc/nsswitch.conf but I still getting the error.