SOLD: Eleven (11) Used WD20EARS 2TB Green Drives

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231161433380?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This listing is for a lot of Eleven (11) WD20EARS 2TB Green Drives. These drives were used in a NAS server that was used for weekly backups. The drives spent most of the time spun with only occasional read/write access. So they're in relatively good condition and I wouldn't expect any to fail prematurely. That said, these *are* used drives. There is no warranty other than what may be left of the manufacturer warranty.

Item Condition: Used

Cost: Bidding starts at $220.00 USD

Payment Method: PayPal via eBay

Item location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Shipping: Buyer pays $9.99 shipping. Item ships to continental US only.

58aad7336c4b8__12.JPG.d6f42137da45703a1cb862c4cf4c7421.JPG

Your listing says this: "...  this WD hard drive has a spindle speed of 7200 RPM, which enhances the process times of your PC."  ==> which is clearly incorrect.  It DOES show the correct speed (5400) later in the listing, but you should correct this.

Unlike your other listing (which I think is far too high), this one is too low  :)    Looking at completed listings for WD20EARS drives, they're selling for anywhere from $15 to $60 per drive.

I'd list these individually ... with a starting bid of about $9.99.    You'll almost certainly get more than you would for the entire lot.    Not sure what e-bay's current cancellation policy is ... I think as long as there are no bids you can cancel a listing ... but at the price you've listed you're likely to get a bid pretty quick.

One other suggestion:  You've erased these with DBAN, but that's basically irrelevant information.  What would be far more useful to a potential buyer is a current SMART report and confirmation that they pass both the quick and extended tests in WD's Data Lifeguard.    Also, if there is any warranty left, you should note that.    Spend a few minutes on WD's Warranty Check site and type in all the serial numbers so you'll know if any are still under warranty.

Your listing says this: "...  this WD hard drive has a spindle speed of 7200 RPM, which enhances the process times of your PC."  ==> which is clearly incorrect.  It DOES show the correct speed (5400) later in the listing, but you should correct this.

Argh, that's the eBay "product information" section listing the wrong drive speed. I'll just make a note that it's the wrong speed. I unfortunately don't have the time to list them separately. I've upped the price to $220. However, if that's all they go for then I'm fine with that. Someone will just get a good deal.

Sold the lot of 11 for $400. I'll probably aim for $500 for the next lot of 11 but I'm fine with $400 for these.

To be perfectly honest, I usually don't even sell used drives. These 22 just have had VERY little use. I had a guy make a big stink about a drive failing that I sold him a couple of years ago. Out of 14 drives, one failed after being in his system for three months. He created a huge stink with eBay claiming that I didn't adequately describe the level of use the drives had prior to selling. So it's not worth it to me to try and get top dollar for stuff like drives. I just sell em cheap and "as is". Haha