FS: 40 TB Norco Rack Mount Server

Some more info. I wrote the initial post rushed.

Figured the wrong price and have adjusted it.

NORCO 4220 Rackmount Case

SuperMicro C2SEA

Intel Celeron E3300

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US

Corsair XMS3 4GB (2GB x2)

SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

RL-20 20" Rail Kit

SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB (Mounted internally)

SSF-8087 Mini SAS

SSF-8087 Mini SAS

SSF-8087 Mini SAS

SSF-8087 Mini SAS

Reverse breakout Cable

unRAID PRO License

It is populated with 20 WD 2TB Green Drives.

I would allow this to go with any number of drives according to the schedule below.

0 Drives: 1000.00

1 Drive: 1075.00

2 Drives: 1150.00

3 Drives: 1225.00

4 Drives: 1300.00

5 Drives: 1375.00

6 Drives: 1450.00

7 Drives: 1525.00

8 Drives: 1600.00

9 Drives: 1675.00

10 Drives: 1750.00

11 Drives: 1825.00

12 Drives: 1900.00

13 Drives: 1975.00

14 Drives: 2050.00

15 Drives: 2125.00

16 Drives: 2200.00

17 Drives: 2275.00

18 Drives: 2325.00

19 Drives: 2400.00

20 Drives: 2475.00

Pictures:

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, Ok...

I'll throw something together for parting it out. I understand something this large is not for everyone. I just thought I would try to get it all gone in one shot.

Stay Tuned.

This is likely better for all if you part it out.  Most folks willing to part with $2500 for their UnRAID system want a newer board that the aged C2SEA (an excellent board -- but decidedly dated), which not only is a bit on the low-end for some of the newer plugins, but only has limited support for virtualization in v6 [The E3300 supports vt-x, but not vt-d, and its limited CPU power isn't likely to be a good VM experience (especially if more than one VM is active).  I'd think they'd also want 4TB drives ... which are only marginally more expensive NEW than you're selling the used 2TB units for [i.e. 2 of the used drives is $150;  a new 4TB WD Red is $170 today].

Parting it out will likely get it sold very quickly -- there's clearly demand for the SASLP-MV8's;  the case should sell for pretty close to the new cost ($330) with the mods you've done;  and clearly the UnRAID Pro license has value.    The rest of the "innards" aren't likely to bring much.  The problem is you can build a much nicer base system these days for what you're asking for the base system ($1000).    But you should easily get $600 or so for the case/cards/license.

The drives, however, all clearly have value.  ... there's always a demand for used drives at a good price.  And indeed you'll likely get more /drive selling individually than you will for a lot of 20.  Used 2TB WD Greens have been selling for between $50 & $80 on e-bay in recent auctions ... so the $75 each you've asked is reasonable -- especially if you post SMART reports for the drives so it's clear they're issue-free (assuming that's the case).

• 3 weeks later...

Used 2TB WD Greens have been selling for between $50 & $80 on e-bay in recent auctions ... so the $75 each you've asked is reasonable -- especially if you post SMART reports for the drives so it's clear they're issue-free (assuming that's the case).

$75 is a stretch. 4Ts routinely go on sale for $135 with free ship. The used 2T take up twice as many slots, and cost more per gig? Not a good deal even if they were new. To sell used 2T I'd say $50 would be the best you might do - and that's if they were low mileage with good smart reports and a year's warranty left. For a 5-6 y/o drive with near continuous power on, good smart reports, and no warranty - $30-$35. That' just my take based on what would make me get interested in buying used drives. That is right at 1/2 the per gig cost of a new 4T drive.

I wasn't commenting on what I would pay -- I was noting what these drive are actually selling for on e-bay.  Looking at completed listings right now, recent 2TB sales include a WD20EARS for $71.00;  another one for $60, a pair of WD20EARS for $129 ($64.50 ea);  a Seagate ST2000DM for $79.95;  a WD20EZRX for $84.99;  a WD20EARX for $129.00 (!!); etc.  These are just a sampling of what's actually sold in the past 2 days.

Regardless of what we might know they're actually worth, they sell on e-bay (probably to less aware buyers and/or folks who get caught up a bit with "auction fever") for more than that.

I wasn't commenting on what I would pay -- I was noting what these drive are actually selling for on e-bay.  Looking at completed listings right now, recent 2TB sales include a WD20EARS for $71.00;  another one for $60, a pair of WD20EARS for $129 ($64.50 ea);  a Seagate ST2000DM for $79.95;  a WD20EZRX for $84.99;  a WD20EARX for $129.00 (!!); etc.  These are just a sampling of what's actually sold in the past 2 days.

Regardless of what we might know they're actually worth, they sell on e-bay (probably to less aware buyers and/or folks who get caught up a bit with "auction fever") for more than that.

There are a lot more people looking on ebay than unRaid. EBay also provides protections you don't get here. And most people here are trying to increase their data density. Also, sellers have listing fees and risks on ebay not found here. Anyway, I was just giving my opinion of prices that would move used drives here, but others might pay more. It is certainally each seller's prerogative to set the asking price.

My apologies to all. I had every intention to get this parted out and move forward, but I am now dealing with a divorce and it might be a couple days/weeks before I can focus my attention at dong this.

It will happen, just not today.

:(

My apologies to all. I had every intention to get this parted out and move forward, but I am now dealing with a divorce and it might be a couple days/weeks before I can focus my attention at dong this.

It will happen, just not today.

:(

That sucks man.  I hope everything goes well.  Take care of you personal troubles, and then deal with everything else.