Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi BRiT,

the directory is listed with read, write and execute permissions for all groups owned by nobody, group users.

There are no actual files themselves in that user share, but folders with individual movies and metadata.  This is the same structure as the other directories with spaces in the name.  I have checked for extra spaces and case in the name, but same results (can't cache dirs).

Do you have any actual files in that share?

What does the following list:

ls -la /mnt/user/

Perhaps it's case sensitive or you have multiple spaces?

More testing... I noticed the fan wall fans were the ones hitting the IPMI threshold not the CPU fan so I lowered all the thresholds to 30 (lowest it will go). Same problem - can't go below a PWM setting of 56. Therefore the enhancement request in my previous post is not going to work.

IPMI_fan_thresholds.png.2d5b7807c4caa6b818f61d6c2dc1234c.png

Finally getting some headway with the temp plugin. Wow, lots to do just to get a couple temp readouts. I have it communicating, so I'll work a little bit on it later. Does the sensors.conf file need to be copied into the /boot/config folder? Also, is there a screen to show you all the temps on one page, instead of just the three in the tiny corner of the Webgui? I have to configure the file so I'm grabbing the correct temps for what they really are I guess.

I also see something called CPUTIN and the temp is scarey high. Is that a normal reading?

temps.jpg.989be8e3ef753a61682c6830143a36c5.jpg

Finally getting some headway with the temp plugin. Wow, lots to do just to get a couple temp readouts.

There is a reason why this is an optional plugin and not standard, you guessed it ...

Does the sensors.conf file need to be copied into the /boot/config folder?

When you click save the necessary files are copied to flash, no manual action required.

Also, is there a screen to show you all the temps on one page, instead of just the three in the tiny corner of the Webgui? I have to configure the file so I'm grabbing the correct temps for what they really are I guess.

No there is only one place to show temperatures, though they are permanently visible on all pages.

I also see something called CPUTIN and the temp is scarey high. Is that a normal reading?

Wondering if this is a false reading. Modern CPUs have overheating protection, which turns off the processor as soon as the temp is in the danger zone, and your reading is far beyond that ...

I've seen a fair number of invalid values from various sensors, 2 of yours appear to be invalid which is fairly common.  Some sensor chipsets even produce warnings in the syslog that readings may be unreliable.

The idea is to examine the readings and pick sensors that are working correctly, producing valid values.

I've seen a fair number of invalid values from various sensors, 2 of yours appear to be invalid which is fairly common.  Some sensor chipsets even produce warnings in the syslog that readings may be unreliable.

The idea is to examine the readings and pick sensors that are working correctly, producing valid values.

The motherboard bios has all this data I can review. It has a whole complete monitoring area that shows the temps of all the sensors on the board and all fan speeds. I'll go off of that to start with a baseline.

Is there a simple way to tell if cache_dirs is working?

if you just want to know, if it is running, check the process list.

If you want to know, if it is "working", simply list content of cached directories and verify, that no disks are accessed for that.

If you're asking if there is a GUI indicator showing, that caching was complete/successful - no, we don't have that yet.

Could it be done? ... hmmm, the only thing I could think of is checking the runtime that the internal dir-reading of cache_dirs requires - if it is reading the content from disk, it'll take quite some time - if it is reading from memory, it should be very fast.

Maybe the plugin could simply show the raw runtime? Afaik the problem is, that the cache_dirs script itself is maintained my JoeL, so there would need to be changes done. The plugin actually is a wrapper to allow comfortable usage and GUI integration, but won't be able to achieve such changes without changing the cache_dirs script itself...

... some more thoughts: cache_dirs could calculate the runtime internally and write it to e.g. sys/module/cache_dirs/runtime via "echo $RUNTIME > sys/module/cache_dirs/runtime" - the Dynamix plugin could then easily read and display that value in the GUI.

A quick question about System AutoFan... how many fans need to exceed the Low Temp before the PWM channel is switched on?

I have picked my SYS_FAN channel which has the following settings - Min PWM Value 50, Low Temp 25, High Temp 35, Refresh 1 min. While watching a movie my drive temps are *, 27C, *, *, * (Array of 5 devices 27C) and the fans are off.

EDIT : I spun the drives down and up and the display updated to 25C, 29C, 23C, 23C, 28C (Array of 5 devices 25.6C)

This is what i got after running sensors-detect on my h87i-plus. What do i do now? Do i have to copy that file manually or is the script telling me it has done so? I couldnt find a init.d folder on my /etc folder though.

Do i just write modprobe coretemp in my go file like what was written a few posts above?

I've done the same. Just wondering if there's more temperatures, fan speed, voltages that can be pulled with the Asus H87i-PLUS

This is what i got after running sensors-detect on my h87i-plus. What do i do now? Do i have to copy that file manually or is the script telling me it has done so? I couldnt find a init.d folder on my /etc folder though.

Do i just write modprobe coretemp in my go file like what was written a few posts above?

I've done the same. Just wondering if there's more temperatures, fan speed, voltages that can be pulled with the Asus H87i-PLUS

Been a while since I set this up, but try this.

In System Temp Settings page, Available Drivers box, put

coretemp nct6775

and Save. Then see what you get in the Sensors dropdowns.

Actually you don't even have to do this!!

Just run detect on the system temp plugin and it will populate the field with "coretemp"

But of you are on unraid 6.0.1 then I guess you could just fill the sensor field on the plugin with coretemp and let it do the rest. That's because there is no more perl on the final build of unraid.

Trurl, have you tried vt-d with this motherboard yet? Wonder if it's capable of gpu passthrough

The only temperature I need to see is CPU Temp, however, I'm struggling to understand whether or not this is even possible with my CPU (AMD A8-7650K) and motherboard (MSI A78M-E35).

I've installed the Dynamix plugin (unRAID v6.0), however, when I click on "Detect" nothing happens.  I tried to follow the wiki, but when I enter "sensors" or "sensors-detect" I receive the following.  I don't even see anything that appears to be CPU Temp.  Am I just out of luck?

Tower login: root

Linux 4.0.4-unRAID.

root@Tower:~# sensors

k10temp-pci-00c3

Adapter: PCI adapter

temp1:        +2.5 C  (high = +70.0 C)

(crit = +70.0 C, hyst = +69.0 C)

fam15h_power-pci-00c4

power1:          N/A  (crit =  95.07 W)

root@Tower:~# sensors-detect

-bash: /usr/sbin/sensors-detect: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

root@Tower:~#

The only temperature I need to see is CPU Temp, however, I'm struggling to understand whether or not this is even possible with my CPU (AMD A8-7650K) and motherboard (MSI A78M-E35).

I've installed the Dynamix plugin (unRAID v6.0), however, when I click on "Detect" nothing happens.  I tried to follow the wiki, but when I enter "sensors" or "sensors-detect" I receive the following.  I don't even see anything that appears to be CPU Temp.  Am I just out of luck?

Linux 4.0.4-unRAID.

root@Tower:~# sensors

k10temp-pci-00c3

temp1:        +2.5 C  (high = +70.0 C)

(crit = +70.0 C, hyst = +69.0 C)

fam15h_power-pci-00c4

power1:          N/A  (crit =  95.07 W)

-bash: /usr/sbin/sensors-detect: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

perl is not installed. Search this thread for how to fix.

perl is not installed. Search this thread for how to fix.

Thanks.  I installed PERL and went through the sensors-detect prompts.  I hope I was supposed to choose on the last one to have the lm_sensors file created.  I did.  The "Detect" in Dynamix still doesn't do anything though.  The sensors it appeared to find wasn't much.  Here are the results:

Linux 4.0.4-unRAID.

Last login: Fri Jul 17 21:21:20 -0500 2015 on /dev/pts/0 from 192.168.1.120.

# sensors-detect revision 6170 (2013-05-20 21:25:22 +0200)

# System: MSI MS-7721 [6.0]

# Board: MSI A78M-E35 (MS-7721)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need

to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe

and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,

unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.

Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): YES

Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                      No

VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No

VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No

AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                  No

AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                          No

AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                          No

AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                  No

AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                          No

AMD Family 15h power sensors...                            No

AMD Family 16h power sensors...                            No

Intel digital thermal sensor...                            No

Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                        No

VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No

VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to

standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.

Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): YES

Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f

Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...              No

Trying family `SMSC'...                                    No

Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...              No

Trying family `ITE'...                                      No

Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f

Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...              No

Trying family `SMSC'...                                    No

Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...              Yes

Found unknown chip with ID 0x1106

(logical device 4 has address 0x295, could be sensors)

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces

through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.

We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it

there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such

interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI

interfaces? (YES/no): YES

Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0...                      No

Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8...                    No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.

We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually

safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any

ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (YES/no): YES

Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...      Success!

(confidence 6, driver `lm78')

Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...      No

Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                  No

Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290...                  No

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware

monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works

reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble

on some systems.

Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): YES

Using driver `i2c-piix4' for device 0000:00:14.0: AMD Hudson-2 SMBus

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 0b00 (i2c-0)

Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively): YES

Client found at address 0x52

Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'...                    No

Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'...                    No

Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                Yes

(confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 0b20 (i2c-1)

Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively): YES

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.

Just press ENTER to continue:

Driver `lm78':

* ISA bus, address 0x290

Chip `National Semiconductor LM78' (confidence: 6)

Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (yes/NO): yes

Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors

for initialization at boot time.

You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required

kernel modules.

Running the new 6.1-rc1, and the temps are not showing on the Main, Dashboard, Docker, Plugins (neither sub-page), and Stats (neither sub-page).  They are showing everywhere else, including all other tabs, sub-tabs, and any drive from the Main page.

Running the new 6.1-rc1, and the temps are not showing on the Main, Dashboard, Docker, Plugins (neither sub-page), and Stats (neither sub-page).  They are showing everywhere else, including all other tabs, sub-tabs, and any drive from the Main page.

At first I thought browser refresh fixed that for me, but it seems it just takes a little longer to appear on some pages than it used to.

At first I thought browser refresh fixed that for me, but it seems it just takes a little longer to appear on some pages than it used to.

Interesting.  When I tried before, I could not get it to show on any of the mentioned pages, except possibly once on the Plugins page, but since I couldn't get it to repeat on the Plugins page, I thought my eyes had fooled me.

I tried again now, and it does now show up some of the time on the Dashboard, Plugins, and Docker pages, more of the time on the Stats page, and never yet on the Main page.  If it is going to display, it displays immediately, before the rest of the page is complete.  If it doesn't appear then, it never shows up.

This is a table of 10 or more refreshes on each page, and roughly how many times the temps were displayed.  Pages not listed seem to always show the temps.

0/20  Main

2/10  Dashboard

3/10  Plugins

5/10  Stats

4/10  Docker

Seems to happen a bit randomly.

I've made a change in the display function and testing it now, so far so good ...

Btw the change is in system temp itself not in v6.1

For those interested.

I have created a new plugin called Dynamix Schedules, it is a front-end utlity which allows to alter the execution time of the built-in hourly, daily, weekly and monthly schedules using the GUI.

The new settings can be found under Settings -> Scheduler -> Fixed Schedules

See the OT for the URL of this plugin.

For those interested.

I have created a new plugin called Dynamix Schedules, it is a front-end utlity which allows to alter the execution time of the built-in hourly, daily, weekly and monthly schedules using the GUI.

The new settings can be found under Settings -> Scheduler -> Fixed Schedules

See the OT for the URL of this plugin.

Very nice!