Logmein Hamachi Docker

Hi All,

As I have mentioned in previous posts in this part of he forum, I have not yet installed v6 but I am looking at how I will set things up around it and through it.

I use Logmein Hamachi to help me provide support to my friends and family etc. I thought about putting the plugin on v5 but couldn't get it to work and wasn't really into giving to much time to it so I gave up.

I just came across this: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/hamachi/

Has anyone used it or does anyone know if Unraid has all this needs to run enabled?

Ta

Daniel

I guess this thread could be deleted. Just looked (and accidentally responded to - as didn't realise it was a 2014 one) to a Poll I didn't know was going on which indicates this docker is being developed and is a work in progress. Don't know by whom but according to NAS' poll it is!

Hi All,

As I have mentioned in previous posts in this part of he forum, I have not yet installed v6 but I am looking at how I will set things up around it and through it.

I use Logmein Hamachi to help me provide support to my friends and family etc. I thought about putting the plugin on v5 but couldn't get it to work and wasn't really into giving to much time to it so I gave up.

Has anyone used it or does anyone know if Unraid has all this needs to run enabled?

Ta

Daniel

I'll finish it and post a template on my repository until the end of the week, ok?

I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Ta

Daniel

I'll finish it and post a template on my repository until the end of the week, ok?

I'll keep you posted.

G'Day!

@gfjardim - did you ever get chance to post a template for Hamachi?

• 1 month later...

+1

This was immensely useful in v5.  Would love to have the template for v6 if you could spare the time gfjardim.  Thanks!

I've been watching (and using) his work on Unassigned Devices (UD) Plugin so know he has been busy. He recently informed the Community that he was working on "Simplifying Docker" ATM too which meant slowing down his development of the UD plugin.

In short, I don't think he will get to this for a while. However if history is any indication, it will happen.

Yah... I'm sure he's got his plate full and am confident the official unRAID docker will materialize.  OTOH, I did use Squid's excellent Docker Search plugin to create a Hamachi docker from gfjardim's work in the meantime.

Are you sharing?

Raw output from Docker Search:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Container>
<Name>hamachi</Name>
<Description>Converted XML File from https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/hamachi/dockerfile/raw.[br][br]Converted by Docker2XML.[br][br][span style=\'color: #E80000;\']Double check the entries via the Advanced View button.[br][br]You will need to manually add any required environment variables.[/span]
</Description>
<Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/hamachi</Registry>
<Repository>gfjardim/hamachi</Repository>
<BindTime>true</BindTime>
<Privileged>false</Privileged>
<Environment/>
<Networking>
	<Mode>bridge</Mode>
	<Publish>
	</Publish>
</Networking>
<Data>
<Volume>
	<HostDir>Change to suitable unRaid directory</HostDir>
	<ContainerDir>/config</ContainerDir>
	<Mode>rw</Mode>
</Volume>
</Data>
<Icon>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/DockerSearch/master/docker.png</Icon>
<Banner>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/DockerSearch/master/docker_banner.png</Banner>
</Container>

According to the instructions, you'll have to change it from bridge to host, and set privileged to be true, and add a environment variable ACCOUNT with you account's email address

Thanks for the additional clarification and your plugin which made it all possible!

According to the instructions, you'll have to change it from bridge to host, and set privileged to be true, and add a environment variable ACCOUNT with you account's email address

• 4 months later...

This is more for a reminder to myself how I got things working as this is the second time I had to figure out how to do this.

I was already using v5 hamachi plug-in and used the saved config files located at:

/boot/config/hamachi-conf.tgz

Created a folder in cache

/mnt/cache/Apps/Hamachi

and copied the config files into that folder.

ran at the linux prompt

docker pull gfjardim/hamachi

and then

docker run -d --name="Hamachi" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e ACCOUNT="[email protected]" -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/Hamachi/":"/config":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro gfjardim/hamachi

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I seem to be having some trouble with my Hamachi docker I setup following the guide here after I installed a new NIC card.  I added the 2 new ports to the bonded group which previously contained eth0 and eth1 (now also containing eth2 and eth3) and now my hamachi docker will not start.  The error I'm receiving is as follows pasted below.  

I've attempted to remove and re-add this docker multiple times on multiple reboots, as well as using the gfjardim/hamachi docker repo install string (docker run -d --name="Hamachi" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e ACCOUNT=“MY EMAIL ACCOUNT ADDRESS” -v "/mnt/cache/Docker/Hamachi/":"/config":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro gfjardim/hamachi) in order to attempt to get this functional, but no success.  

Any insight you guys could provide would be appreciated.  

*** Killing all processes...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/sbin/my_init", line 333, in <module>
main(args)
File "/sbin/my_init", line 253, in main
export_envvars()
File "/sbin/my_init", line 82, in export_envvars
f.write(value)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-2: ordinal not in range(128)

• 8 months later...

There is another docker https://hub.docker.com/r/lolhens/hamachi/ which is favored by the community apps search.

So I have installed it with network as host, priviledged and addec variable account.

I got it successfully linked to my logmein account and set the docker client as GATE.

But I have a problem, that the network is not active. In the GUI version of hamachi for windows client there is need to manually enable the network.

How do I turn the GATE network on?

Another problem is, when I restart the docker I got this:

/usr/local/hamachi
Sending attach request to account@logmein without networks .. failed, busy

./hamachi.sh: line 50: pgrep: command not found

The client is already attached, so it will fail with the attach requests. And it shuts down the docker.

Edited by Maor
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally got somewhat working docker from gfjardim on 6.6.5

I do not know why I had to restart the docker like 8times, before it was able to send the attach request. I think there is room to fix some bugs and make log more verbose.

In case someone needs an icon Here

Edited by Maor
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes, it works now. But next time I would opt to debian based VM.

I have discovered an issue with this docker! if br0 is shared with docker and VMs, Hamchi docker breaks packet fragmentation, thus packets larger than MTU are dropped. I have seen it on Unraid 6.6 through 6.8.3 and deprecated docker in favour of wireguard, which runs even without the array started!

Edited by Maor
update