Upgrade current build

Hey Guys,

I originally converted over an old HTPC to an Unraid server.  I use it for a few dockers including: Plex, SAB, Sonar, and Couchpotato.  Im dont really need to run any VM's or anything of that sort.

Im looking to upgrade my current setup and was hoping it could get a few suggestions.  I have already purchased a 240gb ssd for a cache drive and am thinking i would like to upgrade my CPU.  I would prefer to keep the motherboard so would prob have to stay in the haswell 1150 chipset. I also have another power supply to switch is as well. 

Current Setup

Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Unlocked Dual Core 3.2GHZ Processor

Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI mITX LGA1150 Z97

Kingston HyperX Fury Memory Black 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600

Corsair CX Series CX430

Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Compact Case Black

Western Digital WD40EFRX 4TB Red

Western Digital WD20EFRX Red 2TB x4

Also any guide to add a ssd cache drive would be very helpful.

I currently have the same motherboard in my main unRAID server (see sig).  I am using an i5 4590 CPU and it is more than able to keep up with several dockers (I am running 8; among them Plex and CrashPlan) plus a Windows 10 VM.  This CPU has no problem with three simultaneous Plex streams; although, usually, I only have two.

I am upgrading to server-grade MB, Xeon (10k+ pass mark) and 32 GB ECC RAM to push it even further.

I also had the same PSU (CX430) but recently switched to a Corsair SFX unit.  The CX430 is plenty for the 6 HDDs + one SSD cache drive I at one time had in the Lían-Li PC-Q25 case. 

I don't know how far you want to push your setup but the i5 and 16GB RAM I have now is plenty for what you stated you want to do now.

The G3258 is a great little chip for NAS duties.  If you want to upgrade so you can run more applications you still have a lot of new options available since Haswell is a recent architecture.  You obviously have many options if you go used, too.  What are you thinking, Core i3, i5 or i7?  Have you looked at Passmark scores as a way to compare options?  Also, if there are certain things you want to do on the box that you can't do now and are looking for a recommendation for a CPU that can support them, it would be worth listing them out.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I think the 4590 looks like a great little chip.  didnt realize i could run a vm with it.  i have a 750ti card laying around i could throw in as well.

i for sure want to go with at least a i5.  i have some cash id like to add into it.  At some point id like to move to a bigger case for some breathing room.