Dynamix - Web GUI

Sorry for that - i cant find a link which explains, how to install plex.

And this Docker has no option to chose a link or a tar.gz. file a something else.

Wiki tells nothing about plex - mention only, there are some plugins - but where? how? what?

Strange...  :(

It's not strange there is a section about plugins in the wiki that mentions Plex and tells you where to find it.  I can help you no more....

I'm on my phone now so can't post a link.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gee maybe this plugin listed in Phaze's plugin post mentioned earlier in this thread.....

https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Plexmediaserver.plg

Usage (Unraid 6):

- Navigate to the Plugins tab on the Unraid interface

- Click the 'install plugin' sub tab

- Either paste the LINK or navigate to the .PLG file and press install

- Go to the Unraid Settings page, click on the app icon, setup the way you want, and hit apply.

Myk

Docker >>> shit - sorry for that  >:(

I found the solution by my own:

1) Go to FlashDrive

2) Create a folder called "extra"

3) Put the PlexMediaServer-0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-x64-UnRAID.txz in

4) Reboot

4) Ready and working

Easy as possible - WTF is this Docker for??? Anyway - dosnt matter  :P

1) Go to FlashDrive

4) Reboot

4) Ready and working

When installed this way - not using the plugin manager - there won't be any notification when/if a new version becomes available, and no possibility to uninstall the plugin. In short the plugin manager is not aware of its existence.

I recommend you copy/paste the URL of the plex plugin

into the install box under plugins and click install.

1) Go to FlashDrive

4) Reboot

4) Ready and working

When installed this way - not using the plugin manager - there won't be any notification when/if a new version becomes available, and no possibility to uninstall the plugin. In short the plugin manager is not aware of its existence.

That is not installed as a plugin.    It is just installed as Slackware package.

1) Go to FlashDrive

4) Reboot

4) Ready and working

That is not installed as a plugin.    It is just installed as Slackware package.

Correct, and in v6 the preferred way is using the plugin manager. It will do all the necessary housekeeping to make life easy !

1) Go to FlashDrive

4) Reboot

4) Ready and working

Seems like that's the way you must have installed it in v5.

Now that you've got that going you will have more time to learn about all the great new things in v6, including plex dockers that automatically download and run the latest version of plex.

I can understand that a new concept like docker (new to the user) can be a little daunting, but lets make a little comparison.

installing plex the way you did.

1. go to plex, download latest version

2. put it wherever you need for unraid to see it as a package

3. install package/reboot

4. stuck at that version until you redo steps 1 to 3

docker

1. make a docker.img file from the docker settings (only needs doing once for all dockers)

2. install from LT repo

3. use

4. updates itself on startup

Actually, there are times I do not want to update to the latest version in the case of a reboot, both plugins and Docker.  I wish there was a flag/check box that could be set so that auto updates to the latest do not occur until I tell it to.  Not having tried any of the R6 loads, I do not know if you can suppress the updating of Docker images.

In the interim, one nice thing about Phazes plugin is that it stores a copy of the files on the flash and will install them if there is no internet connectivity.  An example of when this was desired is a one of the recent versions of Plex introduced stuttering on some peoples systems.  I skipped that version all together.  As a general rule, I wait at least a week before updating my plugins  to see if there are any issues.

Actually, there are times I do not want to update to the latest version in the case of a reboot, both plugins and Docker.  I wish there was a flag/check box that could be set so that auto updates to the latest do not occur until I tell it to.  Not having tried any of the R6 loads, I do not know if you can suppress the updating of Docker images.

In the interim, one nice thing about Phazes plugin is that it stores a copy of the files on the flash and will install them if there is no internet connectivity.  An example of when this was desired is a one of the recent versions of Plex introduced stuttering on some peoples systems.  I skipped that version all together.  As a general rule, I wait at least a week before updating my plugins  to see if there are any issues.

there is a switch (variable) to set to not update.

the updating thing is the exception rather than the norm and has to be programmed by docker author (it's actually frowned upon by docker best practices)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but it seemed the most appropriate place.

I've been running an old version of Unraid (5.0.5 to be exact) and Dynamix 2.2.7 for years, it's been rock solid and I haven't seen the need to upgrade. However I recently made the switch to the latest version of Unraid only to discover it wasn't for me and switched back to 5.0.5. The issue I'm having is that despite taking a copy of the flash drive before the uprade, and having now restored that copy the Dynamix tab is not visible in the GUI at all. I have cleared the browser cache too.

According to the syslog (see attached) everything appears to install correctly during boot up and the rest of the server and GUI functions as normal.

I've also just noticed that it says Dynamix is installed in the bottom left corner of the GUI, however as you can see the Dynamix tab is not visible (see attached image)

Any ideas on how I can get Dynamix back to normal again??

syslog-20161223-205801.zip

dynamix.JPG.6b88e98600facedbff3b66aa2ef387b0.JPG

Yep, it's the tab for the Dynamix plugin manager.

I used to use the S3 sleep plugin along with a couple of others but they are no longer installed since I reverted back from the upgrade. I'm needing to access the Dynamix plugin manager to reinstall them, however as I mentioned previously the tab is not visible even though it appears Dynamix is installed and functioning.

What exactly about V6 wasn't for you, by the way? It has some great new features even if you only want a NAS, including Notifications, improved Diagnostics, Dynamix builtin, Preclear plugin, Unassigned Devices plugin, and maybe best of all, better support from the forum.

That is actually an excellent question. I honestly don't really remember, it has literally been years since I installed Dynamix. I suppose it is possible that the plugin manager is itself a plugin - I'll have a hunt around right now and see what I can find.

I use a central mysql database for openelec/xbmc and I couldn't get mysql up and running in V6 and playing nicely with my existing machines so I gave up and reverted back to trusty old 5.0.5

That is actually an excellent question. I honestly don't really remember, it has literally been years since I installed Dynamix. I suppose it is possible that the plugin manager is itself a plugin - I'll have a hunt around right now and see what I can find.

I use a central mysql database for openelec/xbmc and I couldn't get mysql up and running in V6 and playing nicely with my existing machines so I gave up and reverted back to trusty old 5.0.5

Read the first post in this thread and follow the link in this line:

"For more information and installation, visit Dynamix on github." 

And read that page...

All sorted!!

The plugin manager is indeed a plugin itself, for some reason the contents of the boot/config/plugins folder had not copied across when I reverted so none of the Dynamix related plugins (including the plugin manager) were present and thus were not being installed. I've copied that folder across now and manually installed them via the command line and it looks like everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

• Squid locked this topic