My cache drive is full, and can't take any more files i'm copying within the day

Hello,

I'm using a cache drive.  It's size is 250 GB.  I copied 1TB worth of movies onto the undraid box.  Initially, it copied at 49 MBps, so no problem.  Somewhere in between, it says no more space.  I took a look at my array drives, it's inactive, and still have lots of hard drives.  I assume this is because my cache is full, and the move script hasn't activated yet within the day.  Can I force cache drive to move to array so it can take more of what I'm copying?

Thanks

Exactly what version of unRAID are you using?

You should set the Min Free space value for the cache drive to be more than the largest file you want to copyy. If running multiple copies in parallel then it must be the sum of the largest files possible in each copy stream.  what value do you hav set and what size files are you trying to copy?  The reason for this is that once unRAID has chosen to write a specific file to the cache disk there must be enough space to hold all of it if you do not want to get an error due to being out of apace.

When the free space on the cache drive falls below the min free space setting level then unRAID will start writing any new files directly to the array Data disks. 

You should set the Min Free space value for the cache drive to be more than the largest file you want to copyy. If running multiple copies in parallel then it must be the sum of the largest files possible in each copy stream.  what value do you hav set and what size files are you trying to copy?  The reason for this is that once unRAID has chosen to write a specific file to the cache disk there must be enough space to hold all of it if you do not want to get an error due to being out of apace.

When the free space on the cache drive falls below the min free space setting level then unRAID will start writing any new files directly to the array Data disks.

itimpi, thanks for the reply.  I may have set it too low, as in a few hundred MBs only.  I thought the only function of this is to keep it from getting full.  Largest single file I may copy in a batch transfer may be 10 GB.

I guess this means setting it to 11 or 12 GB.  I was just about to ask if there is a way to disable cache drive (250 GB) only, because I'm transfering files around 500 GB in total.  So with your suggestion, I think I don't need to disable cache drive?

I was just about to ask if there is a way to disable cache drive (250 GB) only, because I'm transfering files around 500 GB in total.

You could temporarily turn on disk shares if you have them disabled, and copy directly to the disk you want it to go to. It would probably be faster than monkeying around with turning the cache on and off. I have all my disks exported as hidden, so they don't show when you browse the network, but I can copy directly to \\tower\disk1 if I want to.

jonathanm,

My files are not named properly.  I would like Sickbeard to do post processing for this.  If I do that, it will defeat the purpose right?

I'm not in front of the unraid, I forgot what is the watched folder of sickbeard.  It must be some folder in my cache drive if I'm not mistaken.  That will make sure files get renamed properly. 

jonathanm,

My files are not named properly.  I would like Sickbeard to do post processing for this.  If I do that, it will defeat the purpose right?

I'm not in front of the unraid, I forgot what is the watched folder of sickbeard.  It must be some folder in my cache drive if I'm not mistaken.  That will make sure files get renamed properly.

If the naming is the only thing, Sickbeard will do that after the fact quite nicely. In the show page, the rescan files will pick up new episodes in the show folders, and the preview rename will show a list of name changes it wants to make, and you can check the ones you want to apply, with a full season at a time checkbox that will check all episodes in that season.

itimpi, where do you set minimum free space for cache drive?  I'm using Unraid 5.05, Plus