Plex not seeing library [SOLVED]

Fonzarelli

Hello everyone, I just finished installing plex v2.2.1 on my unraid v5.0.5 system.  Everything went smooth and i am able to access the web gui for plex but when i add a library it shows zero content... I know the naming scheme is correct because I have had this directory scraped with a previous plex media server install on my imac.  Are there permissions that must be set up to allow the media server to access the share that my movies are in?

What do you mean by plex 2.2.1?  The only valid plex media server versions are 0.9.9.14 (evveryone) or 0.9.9.16 (plex pass members only). 

Ignoring that aspect ... yes you might have a permissions problem. You should be looking at (and possible posting) your plex logs to confirm that the server is trying and failing to access the correct location for your content.

But going back to the beginning ... how did you install it?  Did you use PhAzE's plugin (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33341.0)?  Someone else's?  Did you roll your own from source?  Cause again, 2.2.1 is not a valid PMS version number and it isn't even a valid PhAzE plugin version (1.5.1 is)

[as i thought more about it] did you mean 2.2.1 as in the Webgui version number (which is now up to 2.2.4)?  Because that also has nothing to do with the actual PMS version. Nor of course any trouble access your library.  But I want to make sure we are both talking from the same, correct, sheet of music before we start down this rabbit hole.

Sorry about the incorrect version number, dont know where i got that number from. I downloaded straight from plex v0.9.9.14. Also i upgraded my 4.7 unraid key to v5.0.5 which was the issue all along.  i created a fresh 5.0.5 key and copied my config files onto it and installed plex onto the new key and everything works fine now.  Not sure what the issue was but a fresh 5.0.5 install of unraid solved the problem.