Windows 7 pro file permissions additional drive issue

I have recently replaced a failing drive and rebuilt it whilst in Unraid V4.7 . I then upgraded to version 6.1.7 ran permissions etc.

The new drive is visible and opens, and folders open. But windows 7 refuses permissions to view data on that drive only every other drive is fine.

I have tried changing things in the permissions and the problem remains. Its clearly to do with just adding the new drive and I just don't know what it could be.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, and what solutions did you achieve.

Thanks

Pete

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, I was very hopeful, but had never actually heard of it so I knew I had never saved anything to there. When I looked at it all the credentials were empty.

Only two other possible causes spring to mind:

• There is some level of file system corruption.  Running a file system check would resolve this.
  • There is a permissions issue.  Running Tools->New Permissions would resolve this.

Only two other possible causes spring to mind:

• There is some level of file system corruption.  Running a file system check would resolve this.
  • There is a permissions issue.  Running Tools->New Permissions would resolve this.

I ran the new permissions when I upgraded to 6.1.7 and have also individually run it on the disk in question since.

I assumed this was a windows issue, not an UnRaid one?

Do you mean run another complete new permissions in terms of changing it? there is only me uses the system its not affecting anyone else.

Peter

I have completely run the new permissions tool on all 15 disks and it has not changed the situation. I have not run a file system check as I am unsure how i do that in in 6.1.7 ?

The new drive was installed under 4.7 and was accessible, so clearly there was no file system problems then, the file structure is reiserf.

The upgrade to 6.1.7 was then undertaken and permissions tool run as per instructions it was after that the drive displayed access issues.

The drive opens I can see the folders but individual access is refused, if you think there is value in running a file system check I will, if someone could tell me how its done. I am getting nowhere with this issue I cant help thinking the problem is with 6.1.7 as i was able to access it in 4.7.

The drive opens I can see the folders but individual access is refused, if you think there is value in running a file system check I will, if someone could tell me how its done. I am getting nowhere with this issue I cant help thinking the problem is with 6.1.7 as i was able to access it in 4.7.

There are instructions on how to do so in this WIKI:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Check_Disk_Filesystems

Frank, thanks for the pointing me towards the info.

I now have gone through the process of rebuilding the file tree which reiser advised but have additional issues that i need some fairly urgent help with.

I watched most of the process, the deleting and flushing etc. But now having mounted the drive there is nothing in it, its empty.

Do I need to re-boot or something else because the folder is showing empty at this time, i hope I have not made things a whole lot worse.

Peter

Frank, thanks for the pointing me towards the info.

I now have gone through the process of rebuilding the file tree which reiser advised but have additional issues that i need some fairly urgent help with.

I watched most of the process, the deleting and flushing etc. But now having mounted the drive there is nothing in it, its empty.

Do I need to re-boot or something else because the folder is showing empty at this time, i hope I have not made things a whole lot worse.

Peter

You need to get the Diagnostics file and attach to to your next post.  You can do this from the "Tools" tab in the GUI and then click on "Diagnostics". 

Hi Frank

I have attached the diagnostics zip. On looking with fresh eyes today, this server, as in my old server, displayed the actual drives

as opposed to the shares.

After had downloaded the diag file, the drive, Drive4 folder has re-populated with the data. Windows is still telling me I cant access it, though I can a couple of folders ??? Its really strange behavior.

Surely I would not be able-to access anything would I? Is there any value in running the permissions on this drive again? I did it a couple of times and it did not make any difference.

Peter

tower-diagnostics-20160208-1656.zip

The syslog explicitly says that file system corruption has been detected on disk 4 and it has been mounted read-only as a result. 

Feb  6 15:27:09 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 56000 does not match to the expected one 1
Feb  6 15:27:09 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md4): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 462657839. Fsck?
Feb  6 15:27:09 Tower kernel: REISERFS (device md4): Remounting filesystem read-only

The only way to stop this happening will be to run reiserfsck against that drive.

I have run reiserfsck already, after it told me of the corruption, it is still throwing the problem. Did the sys log not say I had rebuilt the tree?

Are you saying I need to rebuild it again then? could it be that the corruption occurred when parity rebuilt the new drive?

there is only a small portion of the drive I can read, what is the way forward with this?