WD Blue 6TB or Seagate 8TB shingled drives?

I'm in the market for a couple of new drives.  In the past I've used WD Green drives, but now that they are being phased out for WD Blue drives I'm uncertain what to buy.

I've heard some people report success with the Seagate ST8000AS0002 so that is on my list of candidates. I'm also leaning towards the WD Blue 6TB WD60EZRZ since it is the spiritual successor to the green drives.  Given that these two drives are very close in price on newegg, is there any reason not to go with the Seagate drive, which is 2 TB larger?  Better performance or reliability out of the WD perhaps? I should note that whatever I choose, I will be using one of these drives as my new parity drive, as my current parity disk is only 4TB.

I’m also a wd green fan, (despite just having three 3tb disks fail in last two weeks), the new wd blues are wd greens with a blue sticker, they are the same disk.

Also have four 8tb Seagates, and for now I’m very happy with them, unless they start giving me problems, and because like you side, price is the same as a 6TB wd, Seagates is what I plan to buy when more space is needed.

Prepare for 140+ hours of pre-clear time.

I am new to unraid and am building my system with 3 - 8TB Seagates.  I'm currently in the process of moving all my data over. (9TB).  So far it takes a little over 24 hours to move about 3TB.  I can deal with any slowness on the initial move as most of my data is write once read many.  So far I think they will be good drives, but only time will tell.