Guacamole, wallabag, Observium, Paperwork (Zuhkov's Docker Template Repository)

• 2 months later...

Hello

Thanks for providing guacamole as a docker, I'm encountering a problem with the RDP connection and wanted to check on the logs, but I cant find them...

Where are they supposed to be?

Thanks

Edit: I've just realised that the docker is a bit outdated, could you also update it to version 0.9.9?

• 2 weeks later...

Soo i've spent many days trying to get Guacamole RDP working for me without any luck. Im able to install the docker correctly and im able to create accounts from the web ui. Im also able to create connections but every time i connect to a VM machine it doesn't work.

I can use regular M$ RDP client from a windows machine and remote into the VM station without any issues. I've use the same host name from M$ RDP to Guac and im getting a connection error.

What am I missing?  :'( :'( :'(

Soo i've spent many days trying to get Guacamole RDP working for me without any luck. Im able to install the docker correctly and im able to create accounts from the web ui. Im also able to create connections but every time i connect to a VM machine it doesn't work.

I can use regular M$ RDP client from a windows machine and remote into the VM station without any issues. I've use the same host name from M$ RDP to Guac and im getting a connection error.

I am in exactly the same boat as you are, can't connect via RDP. I have also RealVNC Server installed on my PC but I cannot connect to that either via VNC with Guacamole...

I believe this is outdated but I don't know. :/

I am in exactly the same boat as you are, can't connect via RDP. I have also RealVNC Server installed on my PC but I cannot connect to that either via VNC with Guacamole...

I believe this is outdated but I don't know. :/

Sadly I dont think we will find a solution for this. I've tried all the possible different port and VNC didnt work for me either.

Found some info about this. It turns out that Win10 increased their security that Guacaomole didnt support. Here is the source i found.

http://boreditguy.com/blog/?p=3784

It turns out that changing the security on the WIN10 regedit fixed the connection.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp]

“SecurityLayer”=dword:00000001

This worked for me.

Now the other issue im having is file transfer doesnt seem to work and audio doesnt work. Those two items works perfectly with M$ RDP.

Any input would be nice

Thanks

I ended up updating it to the latest 0.9.9 and pushed it to my repo on docker hub.

There is no new xml or anything, just edit your existing container settings, and replace the "Repository" setting with "aptalca/guacamole" without the quotes. Leave everything else the same and when you hit save, it will retrieve the images from my repo with 0.9.9 (I installed from scratch, and haven't tried updating an existing install, but it will most likely work)

I only changed the download links in Zuhkov's Dockerfile, nothing else is touched. I have no intentions of maintaining this going forward.

I set it up with one vnc (OS X El Capitan VM) and one rdp (Win10 VM) servers. They both work. But, I had to change one registry setting in Windows because apparently the freerdp package used by guacamole does not yet support the new security setting in Windows. See this page for info: http://boreditguy.com/blog/?p=3784

PS. When you switch to my image, dockerman will get confused and won't delete the old image. You can find that orphan image and delete it manually by opening the advanced view on the docker tab.

Thanks for this aptalca! 

FYI to anyone else doing the upgrade... if Guacamole doesn't load and you see this in the docker logs:

Creating properties from template.
* Starting Tomcat servlet engine tomcat7
...fail!
Starting guacd: SUCCESS
Initializing Data Directory.

I just deleted my guacamole config directory and started over.  Not sure if there is a better way, but it wasn't hard to re-setup the connections.

I have no intentions of maintaining this going forward.

I do hope you change your mind on that :) This docker is significantly easier to use than the official ones, as everything that is needed is in a single docker.

It also works really well with your nginx container:

https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

• 1 month later...

I hate to be dense, but I am still getting the "Starting Tomcat serveet engine tomcat 7....fail!" error.  I have stopped the docker, deleted the /cache/guacamole/config directory, and restarted, but am still getting the error.  To be certain I deleted the configuration folder, I remaped it to a new location, and am still getting the error. 

Thanks

Try doing it in this order:

1) Remove container and image

2) remove all files in your config folder

3) add a new container and choose the my-guacamole. Right next to it you should find a red X to remove it from the list

4) Choose the guacamole docker and reinstall it

Hope this works for you

• 1 month later...