Seagate Now Shipping 10TB Helium Enterprise Drive In Volume

Unless i absolutely have to have a 20tb itx build, i think ill pass on the $2100 investment.

20TB?  You can easily put 7 drives in a mini-ITX case like the PC-Q25B, or even 8 in the Silverstone DS380B ... so you could build a nice 60TB or 70TB server in those cases  :)    ... of course you'd need over $5000 just for the drives  8)

Although I won't be buying these specific drives, the large drives of the past couple years have really made me start rethinking my current media storage. I have about 100TB when you factor in my backups. Like a lot of you, I have rack chassis in a 42U rack at home.

Point is, it's almost time to ditch the rack and just build two towers, one normal and one backup, 50TB each.

I can't help but think the days of some of us loving our Supermicro chassis are almost obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good point. Or 4K and beyond. I just look at my rack and chassis and wonder what I was thinking.

Back then I wanted all this server gear but skip ahead a few years and I'm thinking man some silent towers sure sound good right about now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk