Might have done—no totally did—something really stupid

Let's say that I was testing something, and didn't think through it very well.

And I added a disk to the cache pool, not realizing that it would pool. The cache drive was 500G, the new drive was 120G.

The working cache drive was XFS (EDIT: I think, but now that I am piecing it all back together, I don't know, it may have been btrfs), the new drive was btrfs.

I think I just hosed my cache drive. any way to recover what was on it?

UPDATE: So, I totally did hose that drive. (Along with all of my dockers and VM's) BUT, I was able to list the drive as not a cache drive, mount it as unassigned, and start pull all my data off of it. It will be a long slow slog to rebuild it, but I will, as long as no files were corrupted  :o.

Now, if someone knows a fast way to clean up the btrfs pooling I created, I would appreciate it.

I am hoping that I can format the drive once I have everything off it and re-assign it as the cache drive and all will be well. Am I close to right?

FINAL EDIT: Was able to get all info off cache drive. I stopped the machine before I think it did too much (if any) damage to the files when I added the smaller drive to the pool. I moved the drive to Unassigned Drives and used MidnightCommander to move everything that was on it to the array. Reformatted the drive (XFS, to make sure couldn't do that again), and moved everything back. Haven't had any weird errors, so I think all the files were unscathed.