[Solved] IP Address issue

Hey guys, Having a weird issue with network with my unRAID server.

Have thrown in a dual nic into the server and manually configured IP addresses since one ethernet goes into my switch for the entire network, the other connects directly into another computer for a sweet 10Gbit connection.

Right now its setup as shown below

Port 1 eth0    10.0.0.11 > Switch > Internet
Port 2 eth1    10.0.1.2 > Other PC (10.0.1.1)

To set this up i am using in my go file

ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.11 netmast 255.255.255.0
ifconfig eth1 10.0.1.2 netmast 255.255.0.0

The issue i am having is that when trying to access the server via its second port when the bridge is enabled under settings, the ip address is still assigned by i can no longer access it. Only workaround i have found to this so far is to disable the bridge, but then my VM's cannot connect to the physical network which is an issue for me.

Wondering if anybody with more experience can see where i have setup somthing wrong? Or if im just making a really stupid mistake!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

avalon-diagnostics-20160209-0014.zip

Enabling bridge will make both eth ports part of a virtual switch. In this particular case, the eth ports should not have any ip address, they should be assigned to the br0 interface.

also your 2 subnets are colliding if they are connected on the same switch (which is the case when bridge is enabled)

eth0 is 10.0.0.X

eth1 is 10.0.Y.X (Y here can include 0)

Suggest you enable bridge, and only assign one IP:

10.0.0.11 255.255.255.0

then assign one IP to the PC on the 10Gb wire

10.0.0.12 255.255.255.0

Is there a particular reason why the PC should be on a different subnet?

I put it on another subnet due to both systems having dual nic's, but my switch is only 1Gbit.

So the direct connection between the unRAID server and the PC is 10Gbit and separate, but they both still have connections to the switch for internet and everything else on the network.

Would there be a way to make eth0 or eth1 outside of the virtual switch? Seems like that could be a workaround for what i require

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Multi ethernet interface support is planned for an upcoming release. It will allow for individual configuration of the available ethernet interfaces.

I highly discourage to put these kind of settings in the go file, unRAID v6 is aiming at minimum use of the go file.